Ep 36 - Contingency

(Arc 6 - Tracks - pt 2)
Sakura only chapter, forgot to mention that last week
I'm moving updates to Monday, it so much easier for me to do
•<>•<>•<>•
Sakura

It was kind of hard to believe that it had already been two years since she last saw her teammates.

Sakura had long since gotten used to the same old routine now.

Every day in the mornings, she would go to the gravesite. She'd always visit the old Uchiha compound when she didn't have an immediate mission at any time.

So Sakura stopped by the gravesite with a single Orange Ranunculus, like she did every Mondays. She also brought a dark blue hydrangea for Sasuke.

It was the same old, same old.

She had made a habit of zoning out and staring into space next to the gravestone. It somehow relaxed her. To think about the times when things were so much easier. And not so complicated like it was right now.

She had realized that Naruto was the reason her confidence was so high. Watching him doing everything with so much conviction and passion always drove her to do better, and not be left behind.

She hadn't realized how much she looked up to Naruto until he was gone. Like how the old saying goes; you don't realize how much something means to you until you've lost it.

He was her role model, at her age. Like a standard. He had started out cold, but once he warmed up to them, Naruto had been like a brother to her.

Sasuke on the other hand, always meant more to her. She had been looking at his direction for far longer than anyone else.

She always kept him on his mind. It wasn't like she could ever forget.

And she would be patient. Wait as long as she needed to. Give him time before she confesses.

It always made her blubbering, blushing mess, but now it was just empty loneliness.

Some days, when things would overwhelm her, she would go to Sasuke's apartment to seek comfort. Cry under the roof as she watched the sky from the balcony.

The place had been generally been untouched since it was kind of a taboo within the to touch anything inside. There were people sent in here to do a sweep over the apartment. That was only a few times. Things were mostly left untouched.

She was determined to make sure that everything would stay where they were.

(Though she supposed that it was mostly for herself rather than anyone else)

But still, she missed them. Despite the small amount of time that they spent together, it made her happy.

Then she would go to Lady Tsunade's office for her training as a medic.

Sakura had swore that she would never let someone she could help die in front of her eyes. Never again. So she was dedicated to learning.

Tsunade at least saw a lot of potential in her healing abilities, and even listed her under as an ANBU, but as a reserve. Sakura couldn't help but swell with pride when she had been told by Lady Tsunade. Her abilities were recognized by the Hokage herself.