Ep 37 - Core

(Arc 6 - Tracks - pt 3)
•<>•<>•<>•
Sasuke

Sasuke stood in front of the room where his 'sensei' had been resting. Yes, Orochimaru had been teaching him for two years now, but Sasuke didn't really care.

He had a lot more on his mind right now.

The lightning sparks came to life in his hands, resolve hardened, as Sasuke used his chidori as a projectile and launched it through the door. He could feel the resistance on the other end of the blade, and he knew that he hit his target.

A raspy voice came through the wall, the edge of mirth in the voice still ever present in the snake's speech. "Who is it?"

At that, Sasuke reached back, and sliced the door into pieces with a few swift movements.

From the remains of the door, he could see Orochimaru sitting on the bed in the room. He looked paler than usual, but he had been sickly recently, so it came as no surprise to Sasuke. The chidori blade was blocked with the two arms held up in defense by Orochimaru.

His voice rang out clear and emotionless. "You have taught me everything I needed to know." Sasuke pushed the chidori blade into the wall of the room. "And I will thank you for that."

The beads of sweat on Orochimaru's pale skin was evident, even from far away. "Well, that's an interesting way of saying thank you, Sasuke."

The sharigan materialized as the color of Sasuke's eyes shifted from its usual black into the blood-red. "I have things I have to do. You were just a convenience that happened to be there when I needed it."

In a flash of motion, the ravenhead was in front of Orochimaru, blade ready to strike.

Just before a moment of the impact, a small shadow appeared from inside Orochimaru's mouth and behind Sasuke.

This wasn't missed by the Sharigan as expected, and turning around revealed the long figure of a large white snake. Its scales were all made up of snakes, and the purple eye markings, almost a signature of Orochimaru was in plain view for Sasuke to see.

This sight brought a small smirk to Sasuke's face. Readying his blade and chidori sword, he addressed his former sensei. "You're a nuisance to my plans, and to the rest of the world. I'll kill you here right here and now." His face scrunched up in anger. "And I do not approve of the experimentation on humans. I was able to endure it for a few years, but that stops now."

The face of the snake scrunched up in anger. The head of the snake headed straight for Sasuke.

"Give me your body!"

Their fight didn't last for long.

-

"It looks like the medicine is useless now..." Kabuto murmured to himself, mixing the liquid in the testing vial. "It seems like we'll have no choice but to perform the Rebirth ritual today.

Kabuto smirked to himself. But I don't think Sasuke-kun will come along willingly.

Well, not even Sasuke-kun can oppose the ritual.

Kabuto had heard the sounds of battle coming from Lord Orochimari's quarters. He had rushed over the moment he had heard the crashing noises.