Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Next Morning

Thea's POV

The first thing I noticed when I woke up is that my head hurts, badly. I groaned and buried my head in the pillow, trying to fall back asleep. After a few minutes I gave up and decided to get up.

I sat up and saw that I am in my bed when I certainly don't remember coming to my room last night. I must have fallen asleep downstairs and one of my brothers must have carried me up here, which they have to do often. I looked out my window and saw that the sun wasn't even up yet. I checked my alarm clock to see the time and it showed '5:15 A.M.'. I was shocked that I woke up this early, especially on the weekend.

I stretched my arms and then rubbed my head. Ouch. I felt a bump on my head which was probably the reason why my head was hurting. I jumped out of my bed and ran to the bathroom to see the bump. I couldn't really see it as it was on the back of my head. I rubbed it gently, trying to remember how I got this but couldn't. I decided to ask others about it and did my morning routine. I decided to wear a plain baby pink crop top with some dark sport shorts. I took out my black sport shoes from the footwear section and put them on. I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled them up in a messy bun, with a few strands coming out.

It was now quarter to 6 in the morning, so I decided to go for a run because I knew no one would be up before 8. I took my iPod and ear pods and went downstairs. As expected, no one was awake yet. I took a water bottle from the kitchen and then went to the backyard. I started walking towards the forest, while connecting my ear pods to the iPod and then putting them in my ears. I touched the 'shuffle all' option on my iPod. Immediately Radioactive by Imagine Dragons started blasting in my ears. Perfect.

I jogged/walked around the forest for about an hour before deciding to head back home, which took another half an hour. When I reached the back of our mansion, I finished my water while stopping the music playing in my ears. That's when I heard the commotion in the house. I stepped in the house and went to the living from where all the sound was coming from.

"There she is! God Dammit Thea where the hell have you been?" Erik and Nate yelled. While Aaron was calmly ending the call on the phone, "She's here. Thanks"

"What happened?" I asked, not understanding what they were fussing about. I walked up to them and placed my bottle on the table, as they stood near the table.

Erik and Nate looked angry and Aaron was calm, he placed a hand on each of their shoulder and gave them a pointed look which said 'calm down, you're going to scare her.' He gives this look a lot because they both are short tempered, like me, and worry very easily, I don't like it when anyone of them is angry so Aaron always ends up being the one to remind them to keep their anger in check.

"We were worried where you went Thi and you didn't take your phone also with you. I went to your room to check up on you but you weren't there, I checked everywhere but you were nowhere to be found. So, I woke these two up. I was just asking the guards about you when you walked in. Where were you baby girl?" Aaron said.

"I am sorry guys. I just went out for a walk and lost track of time. Plus, I didn't think that you guys would wake up before I came back." I said, feeling sad for making them worried so early in the morning. I should have left a note or something. Stupid.

Suddenly I felt arms go around me and I was pulled in a chest which I could make out was my brother, Nate's.

"I am sorry, Natty." I murmured in his chest, while hugging him tightly. I love hugging, especially hugging my brothers or parents because they have that warmth in their hug which instantly makes me feel much better. My family knows that to make me feel better, sometimes they just have to hug me.

I felt another pair of arms around us and soon it became a group hug.

"We are sorry too baby girl. We shouldn't have yelled at you. Forgive us?" Erik said and I felt Nate also nod in agreement. I nodded and sniffed. We broke off our hug and chuckled lightly.

We sat down on the couches to talk. I sat next to Aaron on one couch while Erik and Nate on the one next to ours. I told them all what I saw in the forest and they told what they did to search for me. Then I suddenly remembered the bump on the head so I asked them, "Guys do you how I got this bump on my head? Last thing I remember is that I was eating a chocolate cake while Erik was telling Tyler about my umm thing."

All three of them looked at each other and grinned, "You don't remember?" they said in unison.

"No. What did I do this time?"

They only shook their heads and grinned.

Uh oh

To be continued....