Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Thea's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling good for a few minutes before I realized that it was Travis' first day at school here. I quickly got up and got ready for school.

After getting ready, I headed down to the kitchen for breakfast and saw Nate and Aaron are already there.

"Good morning guys."

"Morning sis.", they replied, focusing on their plate.

"What's the agenda today? Early class?", I asked.

"Yeah, I have an assignment to finish up and Nate has practise.", Aaron said. I nodded and got my breakfast too.

After a few minutes, just as I was getting up to leave, Erik walked in.

"Morning guys."

"Morning."

"Hey guys, can you do me a favor? Can one of you please make sure that Travis leaves on time? I'm heading out. I'll meet him there.", I said, getting up, hoping I can head out without him. But obviously the luck is not on my side because as soon as I finish talking, the devil himself walks in, greeting everyone good morning, to which my brothers reply back.

"Baby sis, I think its better that you ride with Travis today. That way he'll get comfortable with the route and the place too.", Aaron said. Hmmph why does he always have to be the voice of reason.

I nodded and sat back down as Travis had his breakfast.

I busied myself with my phone to pass the time, I opened the kindle app on my phone and got to reading. I was on a cute part when Travis gets up to leave.

"Let's go."

I looked up smiling, still reeling from the story, which he returned to my surprise. I nodded and said bye to my brothers.

We headed out to the garage where his car, a range rover, was parked and got it.

"Nice car." I said, trying to be polite, as we drove out to the road.

"Thanks, I'm assuming that cute little Beetle is yours."

I narrowed my eyes at that, "Uh huh."

I quickly put the address to the school on the navigation system and turned on the radio. The song 'Daylight' was playing and I smiled softly at that, drumming my fingers to the beat.

I never wanted to stop
Because I don't wanna start all over, start all over
I was afraid of the dark
But now it's all that I want, all that I want, all that I want

And when the daylight comes, I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
'Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close

"Still love music, huh?" Travis asked, suddenly.

"How'd you know that I love music?", I asked, not remembering ever telling him about this.

"I know a lot more than you think, Mi amor."

I looked at him, to see him concentrating on the road but he had a playful look on his face. I didn't know what to say to that so I didn't. I just keep waiting for the teasing or the pranking to start, knowing its inevitable but for some strange reason it hasn't happened yet.

"Hey can you open the glovebox for me?", Travis said.

"Uh why?", this is it, something's going to jump out at me.