chapter 15

The high festive mood at lunch became low,each with his or her  thoughts.

The family has been wearing and eating well recently is all thanks to mayina but they are still poor,sliver in this era is hard to come by.

The silence on the dinning table is becoming too oppressive to bear,even the talkative third brother is not talking today,he really feels that's his second brother is pitiful.

'Ahem...ahem..
First brother broke the silence
'' This is all I have '' while talking he pushed a sliver coin to the table

Third brother also followed with a sliver coin.
They have been hunting with Jun these days so they made some coins.

Jun followed with a sliver coin too.

Looking at them all, second brother who has never shed tears felt a sting in his eyes.

He really doesn't want to cry.

Mayina added two sliver coin to that money.
The dowry is complete.

''You guys are really my brothers,thank you,sister I have a sliver coin ....while talking he tried pushing a sliver coin to mayina but she refused...

''brother there are a lot of things to buy even though your room and furniture's are completed,you will buy a wedding gift for your wife and you need to pick it personally,also the wedding wine has to be bought today and the ingredients for tomorrow's dishes I will go make a list''

With that she left the room in a hurry to make the list.

In the next few hours the festive mood of the house has been restored while mayina and sister in-law handle all the frying and boiling,mother was decorating second brother's room.

The few brothers where also busy after coming back from town they went to the river to see if they could catch one or two fishes to add a dish even though according to third brother the meat they bought is enough to feed the whole village two times......
But mayina's thought is different she wants this wedding to be an unforgettable experience for all the villagers and also to slap their faces for laughing at second brother so she went all out with her cooking skills and also money...

Around 8'Oclock in the evening the family had a simple dinner,washed and got off to bed,few minutes later they where all asleep expect mayina she was  sewing a wedding dress for both her brother and sister in-law.

Because the space was already equip with every modern machinery she could use,there is a sewing machine and time moves slower in the space so she could sew two clothing's before morning .

Everybody was up early on this joyous occasion ah .

By ten in the morning almost all the dishes were done.
Second brother already had a haircut and was looking so handsome but on this day there was something threatening to make him cry after mayina gave him the new shirt and trousers she made for him they where even well ironed.

When did she do all that??

Everyone was moved even father gave her a hug.....

.......At Jemi's house.....

''Dead girl,finish washing the dishes and go shower... You can finally leave to that poor man's house.....

'' Maa,why didn't you let her marry the chief's son...
Jeni really hates her sister that's why she has been pillow talking her mom into marrying off her sister to the no good chief son so that her sister will never be successful....
Pulling out of her thoughts she heard her mother's whisper

''That mayina knows a lot of young masters and she has promised to introduce them to you ah.....

With that reminder Jeni forgot about her sister...

Few hours later second brother and his family arrived at Jemi's  the house was so deserted that it doesn't seem like a wedding is happening...

When mayina got into the room she saw Jemi wearing an old gown with a few patches and that is her best dress...

Mayina dressed her up in a new dress same colour as second brother's white and blue...

Jemi was really grateful and was about to cry after a lot of persuasion from sister in-law and mayina she stopped..

An hour later the dowry has been paid and the wine drank.

The party is to be continued in the grooms home.....

And the villagers wowed at the dishes presented from boiled yam and sauce,braised fish,braised meat, peppered bush meat with palm oil,fried potato,fried rice,jollof rice,corn swallow and melon seed soup and a lot of fruit wine.....

Second brother was very drunk and happy before entering the bridal chamber.....