CHAPTER 5

SHE KEPT RUNNING AS FAST AS SHE COULD FROM THE KNIGHTS WHO WERE ON HER TAIL, she reached a blocked alleyway and had no way out

SHE KEPT RUNNING AS FAST AS SHE COULD FROM THE KNIGHTS WHO WERE ON HER TAIL, she reached a blocked alleyway and had no way out. She got anxious when she heard the sound of rattling armour. She panicked and leaped up under the roof trying to stay as far away from the shadows as possible.

"The beast came down here!"

"It has nowhere to run, the sun is already rising"

"Let's search further"

She let out a sigh of relief as they left jumping down she was careful of the sunlight seeping through, whimpering slightly as it neared her. She looked up and returned back into her knights armour but realised she didn't have her helmet on. She backed herself into a corner and awaited the sunlight to hit her face but was shocked when a cloak was thrown over her. She lifted the cloak slightly and her eyes widened when she saw that it was Morgana.

"Follow me, I'll take you somewhere safe," Morgana said sweetly.

Elizabeth was sceptical and looked behind her "but the guards are looking everywhere."

Morgana stood up and formed a portal using her staff "we must hurry before they come back" she reached her hand out to her.

She remained suspicious but took the offer, walking through the portal along with her, she was afraid when passing through but sighed in relief when she came out from the other side. Opening her eyes she gasped when she saw Claire unconscious on the bed and threw the cloth off of her before rushing to her "Claire!" she knelt by the bed and glared at Morgana "what did you do?!"

"I did nothing" she clarified strictly "she used her shadow chaos to set the trolls free into the forest."

She gasped and muttered quietly in relief "he's safe?"

Morgana summoned her staff and told "she will need the shadows in order to heal" she stood beside Claire as she chanted an incantation "umbra sanaret confractum animam esurientem saturavi eos reddere quale fuit tenebris"

Elizabeth watched in amazement as the shadows began dancing around her. They faded into the air and Claire groaned as her eyes fluttered open "what just happened?"

Elizabeth gasped in joy and engulfed her into a tight hug "Claire you're okay!" she exclaimed joyously "and are you crazy!? You could've gotten yourself killed!" she said as she held Claire's face in her hands, she frowned before grinning again and pulling her into a hug "Ugh! I'm just glad you're okay!"

Claire chuckled lightly "me to" she said before hugging her back, her eyes widened when she realised that Elizabeth was still in the castle "what are you still doing here?! You should have gone with them"

She smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of her head "I can 100% explain my reasoning for this"

Claire noticed that Morgana was in the room "Morgana?"