CHAPTER 9

MORGANA UNLEASHED HER WRATH UPON THEM ALL, using the shadows to fight them all off

MORGANA UNLEASHED HER WRATH UPON THEM ALL, using the shadows to fight them all off. Cackling as she saw them all defenceless, running towards the cliff. The anger she had pent up for so long fully unleashed onto them all. As the sun had begun to set on Camelot her darkness grew along with its fall.

"Your cruelty towards magic-kind knows no bounds!" she yelled as she flew above them all "you have taken and taken, and now we take back!"

Merlin fought off the shadow and yelled "protect the king!"

Arthur fought valiantly, but was almost thrown off the edge. He climbed back up and looked helplessly around him as he saw the others all get beaten, standing up he summoned the power of Excalibur. Retrieving the energy of all the light he could muster, driving his sword into the ground he sent a wave of energy "enough!"

As douxie got up he noticed the now red map "oh no..."

Morgana growled as she flew towards him fighting him with her staff "you outlaw magic, but fight with an enchanted sword!" she shouted "you snuff out any power that isn't yours, but I won't go so quietly"

Their weapons clashed and Arthur told her "I denied your true nature for so long because you are my sister." he swung at her again "but when I look at you now, all I se e is a demon! A witch!"

"And all i see is a little boy driven mad by hatred and prejudice!" she taunted and jumped back.

As the map flickered back and forth, it revealed the horrific fate of Morgana, Douxie's eyes widened in horror.

Holding her hand out she yelled "goodbye, brother!"

"Morgana!" he ran towards them both as he noticed Arthur readying his sword defensively "no! No, no, no!"

As he slashed his sword it cut straight through her arm, she whimpered as she backed away holding it close. He muttered in fear realising what he had just done "no..."

"Brother?" as she backed away her foot slipped and she fell over the edge screaming as she plummeted down.

"Morgana!" douxie yelled.

"No!" Claire cried out.

Arthur looked down in shock as he saw what he had done, looking back at his sword, the sudden thrall of anger made him shatter it to the ground and fall to his knees crying out.

The sun had fallen and they were all at a loss, Claire and Marc stood close together as Marc comforted her but he was shocked himself "I can't believe that just happened..."

Arthur spoke aloud still heartbroken "now magic has truly taken everything from me"

Claire held marc closer as the two walked "she's gone, we failed"

Douxie held the map solemnly admitting "No, I failed" he looked up at Merlin "Master, I-- I'm so sorry"

He said to him sadly but stood firm "this is why you don't meddle with time"