CHAPTER 14

THE SOUND OF DROPS OF WATER HITTING THE GROUND ECHOED THROUGHTOUT THE CAVE, small sounds of the pattering, critters moving around

THE SOUND OF DROPS OF WATER HITTING THE GROUND ECHOED THROUGHTOUT THE CAVE, small sounds of the pattering, critters moving around. The glowing gemstones scattered along the walls softly illuminated it. A small mouse was skittering around searching for food, as it scratched at its head, it found something and began sniffing at it. The whiskers of its face tickling the unconscious beings nose, the sudden movement of the being scared the vermin off.

Opening her eyes she turned onto her back and looked up, seeing the long fall she just had. Groaning she sat up, hissing as she felt a new wound on her side, looking down she gasped as she saw the slash in her cloth. Sighing in relief when she saw it wasn't that deep "give me a break, for once universe" she muttered as she bit down on her bottom lip as she slowly stood back up. Stumbling back slightly, she regained her balance and rolled her shoulders back slightly as she breathed in, closing her eyes she reached up trying to summon her sword to her hand, but all there was a small spark whenever she tried.

Looking down at her hand in disbelief she clenched it and began calling out "Jim?!" she shouted hoping for a response "anyone?! Can anyone hear me?!" she shouted, her voice growing sore "I'm down here!" her eyes softened fearfully as she heard no answer in return. Grunting she leaned against the wall propping herself up, heaving in she muttered "gonna need to find my own way out, sure... why not?" she began walking through the tunnels keeping her hand over her wound securely not letting go. Her hair loose out of its braid and messy. She thought to herself 'just keep walking, until you find your way out.'

She was unaware of the shadows combining together, forming Vala's silhouette. Her eyes glowed yellow as her physical form appeared "hello, my oldest enemy..." she whispered as she followed her with a smirk on her face "let the games begin."

_________________

As Jim came back from getting a short breath of fresh air he went in search for Elizabeth, hoping to find her. Wanting to talk to her after her yelling at him back at Agnars home, he'd only seen her like this once. When he had confronted Draal about wanting another fight, but never seen her angry like that before.

He felt saddened by it every time he thought about their fallout, not only that but he couldn't help but feel more useless than he already saw. Her words struck him so bad, it felt as though they dug further than the shard in his heart. He didn't feel anger towards her, for he knew she was only saying the negative thoughts that have been in his mind for so long, and she was the last person he'd ever thought he would hear them from.

As he walked back to Agnar's home hoping to find her, he was instead greeted by and angry Callista marching towards him, he was oblivious to why she was angry "Hey Cal, have you seen Liz, I really need to talk to her"

"Oh, I think she's heard enough" she started confusing him further "what even was that skinny legs?! You show up, completely out of the blue, and start yelling at her?!" she was furious as she defended her friend, but spoke calmly with slight disappointment in her voice "Just when she was about to go talk to you, you come in and make her feel worse than she already does"