Episode 10

Before:

"I- um." It was Linh's turn to flush. "I don't like anyone right now... but I recently liked someone. But you cannot tell anyone outside of this room."

"Sure," Keefe said, eyeing Tam, who looked like he would shove shadows down the throats of anyone who betrayed Linh.

"Okay." Linh took a deep breath. "I liked... Kenya. A girl from our year. I'm... bi."

"You are?" Marella gasped.

"Yeah." Linh seemed defiant, as if she thought her friends would make fun of her.

Elves didn't care about skin color or money, but they discriminated against by talent and match status. Matching was all about genetic power and producing powerful offspring. But same-sex marriages couldn't produce offspring, and as a result, LGBTQA+ elves were also discriminated against. Not because they weren't straight, but because the Matchmakers rarely put same-sex marriages onto a match list. You had to fill out TONS of paperwork, and then go through an interview for them to CONSIDER it. So LGBTQ+ people were basically guaranteed to be a bad match. It was unfair and biased, but it was how things were. Or at least, that was how Sophie used to think of things. Now, she was more personally involved, now that Jolie, Juline, and her friend were unfairly affected.

"It's fine," Marella promised. She seemed perkier now, even, flipping her poofy hair over her shoulder as she seemed to lean in the tiniest bit.

"Yeah, no one who matters is gonna care," Biana agreed.

Linh sighed. "Yeah, I know, but it just seems like I'm the ultimate mistake."

"What are you talking about?" Tam demanded. "You're perfect."

"Ha! Far from it," Linh scoffed. "I mean, I'm a twin, I got banished, and now this?"

"Well, it shouldn't bother you, because... I'm gay too." Tam tugged his bangs over his face.

"Wow, this game had really escalated, hasn't it," Maruca commented.

"You are?" Biana's face was also red, as she realized one of her crushes was gay.

Dex looked happier, though.

And, Sophie thought, it explained Tam's reaction to Dex and Biana liking each other.

"Yeah. And if Linh thinks she is the ultimate mistake... look at me. I'm a shade who went to Exilium, a twin, and gay too?"

"Stop it! You are absolutely amazing!" Linh scolded.

"Right," Tam snorted.

"Okay, I'm gonna stop everyone right there." Sophie interrupted. "Because this has turned into a beating yourself up over who you are. And it has to stop," Sophie continued. "This is who you are!"

"Yeah, and I have a feeling there are a lot more secrets people are hiding... so let's continue with the game!" Biana added.

"Sure," Marella said. "I'll go next."

"Alright," Fitz said, smirking at Keefe. "I think we know what this is gonna be..."

"I like Linh," Marella revealed, not embarrassed at all.

"What a surprise," Keefe deadpanned.

Sophie was surprised, though. "What? You do?"

Dex rolled his eyes. "The obliviousness strikes again! Sophie, it was pretty obvious."

"Yeah, we all knew," Biana agreed.

"And why does everyone like everyone in this friend group?" Fitz frowned. "Variety, people!"