Episode 11

Before: 

"Yeah, my parents probably wouldn't like that very much." Keefe's smile was wicked. "So let's keep it like this!"

"Ours won't either," Tam added. "But I don't like it, so... Dex?"

Dex reluctantly handed over the elixirs to turn everyone back, and once everyone was back to normal and everyone stopped crying with laughter and Della was composed again, they all gathered up their stuff and leaped home.

Sophie called out a goodbye to her parents before leaping off to Foxfire. She was more nervous than she should have been. After all, it wasn't like this was the first day of school. It was smack in the middle of the year! In fact, midterms were coming up!

But today would be the first day she had to decide how to act with Fitz in public. Now that they were... dating... was there a different way to treat him? Should she sit next to him every single day? Should she walk to classes with him? What about the questions people would ask? How should she respond?

She'd dressed up extra nice today, in a lavender tunic that flared in a way that complimented her figure, and was embroidered with tiny pink flowers. She'd even spent extra time on her hair and makeup, braiding her hair in a plait that started on her head, was tied once it was off her head, turned into a ponytail, and trailed down her shoulders. She wore extra mascara, and even applied some lip gloss.

She glittered onto the field and made her way to the orientation building, where she met Keefe and Dex. Tam and Linh arrived soon after, and Maruca joined them shortly. Marella joined their group too.

But there was no sign of Biana or Fitz.

"Looking for your boyfriend?" Tam smirked as Sophie stood on her tiptoes, straining to look over the crowd.

Before she could respond, Dame Alina's projection appeared and began her morning announcements.

"Good morning, prodigies! Firstly, I would like to congratulate our new Charger, Barak!"

Scattered applause filled the hall, and Sophie whispered to Dex, "Do we know him?"

"I do," Dex murmured back. "His mom is my mom's best friend."

Just then, she caught a flash of teal eyes and turned to see Biana and Fitz making their way through the crowd. Fitz flashed his perfect smile, and Biana made her way to Dex's side just as Alina disappeared and everyone made their way to class. Sophie's first decision about how to act was beginning. But luckily, Fitz made up her mind for her before her sluggish brain could keep up.

"Sorry I was late, but I had to help my dad with something," He told her.

Sophie looked up at his eyes and realized that his hair was still green.

"Hey, I didn't want to break the bet and have to keep it like this forever," He explained when she giggled.

"Sophie! Don't you have to go to class?" Biana hooked her arm through Sophie's and tugged her along. "I know you want to see your boyfriend, but you gotta come on! You're gonna be late for agriculture!"

Sophie reluctantly allowed herself to be pulled away to her class, and she was ALMOST grateful when she stepped into class a second before the bells chimed. Almost.

When she stepped into the lunchroom, though, she realized her next decision had arrived. Did she sit next to Fitz? It wasn't like they never sat together... but maybe they would be expected to all the time now that they were dating.

Sophie caught Fitz's eye and tried to stop her heart from fluttering.

But hearts can be foolish things.