Episode 38: (Sophie's POV)

That's right, I finally finished the next chapter!

It took wayyy too long, but I did!

Enjoy-

Before:

His hand lifted, slowly. He watched it rise, watched it land on the door in three short cracks.

The door opened.

Fitz's eyes were wide with surprise, but, to Keefe's surprise, he wasn't angry. There was a hint of annoyance, or frustration, but not any anger at Keefe.

Choosing to take that as a hopeful sign, Keefe found his voice.

"May I come in?"

Sophie couldn't stop pressing her fingers to her lips. They were still tingling.

Keefe had left, of course. He couldn't stay forever, and Grady and Edaline would be home any minute; luckily, they hadn't been before, because Grady didn't seem to approve of Keefe for some reason.

Even though they definitely weren't dating.

Her lips pressed together as worries drifted through her brain. Grady was just one of the people who wouldn't like their... relationship. Or whatever they were doing now.

Fitz, Grady, probably Cassius and Gisela, maybe Alden and Della, and Sophie didn't even want to think about how the rest of her friends would react.

Not to mention the entire school.

She flopped back on her pillow.

She really needed someone to talk to. Fitz was out of the question, Tam was a no, Dex would just be awkward, Keefe wouldn't help with this... Sophie groaned.

A lot of teasing would be in her immediate future.

Sighing loudly, she reached for her imparter, holding it in front of her. "Biana," she tried, only to have the hail rejected. The younger Vacker must be in another hail at the moment; which meant- "Linh."

The hydrokinetic picked up quickly, her sweet face appearing in the imparter. "Yes?"

"Um. Can we. Maybe. Have another girl talk thing?" Sophie winced, burying her red cheeks in her pillow.

Sophie could practically hear the smirk in her friend's voice, even though her eyes were well covered by the pillow.

"Of course," Linh answered smoothly. "Come over in ten minutes? And I'd brush your hair if I were you."

Sophie felt her hair, which was all rumpled from where Keefe's fingers had tangled in it, and blushed. Her face was practically a tomato at this point, so she squeaked, "Yes! Fine, okay! I'll see you in ten!"

She clicked away before Linh could notice more things about her appearance. Lucky her tingling lips couldn't be seen.

Probably.

After straightening her hair and clothes a bit (she hadn't fixed her makeup after her breakup with Fitz, so she just got rid of the rest), Sophie leaped over to the Songs', following the path back to the peaceful spot from the last girl talk.

Marella and Linh were already there, but Maruca and Biana had yet to arrive, and Sophie settled herself on the chair closest to one of the pools to wait. Maruca appeared after about five minutes, but Biana still wasn't there.

"She's probably talking to someone else," Sophie told the others. "She was busy when I hailed her."

"Probably talking to Dex," Marella smirked. "Let's just start, she could be a while. Sophie, what did you gather us here to discuss?"