3

Niall Horan

England - December 13, 2015

"You ready man?" Louis walks up to me backstage before we go on, "No, I don't think I am. This can't be out last time. It can't. Please, I don't want to say goodbye to this yet." Tears start to brim both Louis' and my eyes. "I'm not ready either NIaller, I don't think I can leave without you guys. If I went solo, I wouldn't be successful, so if I even wanted to try that, it would end badly. But we'll be back soon enough, right?" Louis says to me shakily. "30 seconds!" is yelled somewhere from behind us and Harry and Liam start walking towards us. "Yeah soon enough - Hey Haz, Liam, you guys ready?"

"And you're on!"

I walk on stage nervously, not just because it's my last show, but Jules isn't here. It just makes the whole situation 25% worse than it already is. Harry, Liam, Louis, and I all get to our mic stands. Don't screw this up Niall, it's your last time. I just need a few deep breathes and then I'll be okay. We all flash a few smiles and waves to the crowd, all of them going crazy when we get introduced. Simon is staring at us with anger in his eyes, as if it wasn't his fault that we're going on hiatus. Ugly bastard blaming us as usual...

And that's when I see the face in the crowd that I know too well. Julia Marie Hicks. She and I make eye contact and the widest smile spreads on her face. God, I love that smile.. That's the good part of all of this.. I get to be with her. Take a little while off and spend the missed time with her. Her happiness is what motivates me, but I think I should take a step back from trying to be motivated by her happiness and start being the thing that makes her happy. She is the reason I want this to be over, that half of my heart that wants this. The other half wants to be there for her but doesn't want to leave behind my brothers. My family. Too late for that now though.

As I come back to reality, I blush a little and feel the much-needed confidence come into my mind. I'm ready. I'll never be ready to say goodbye, but I'm ready to say see you later.