Chapter 8

Kris watched him go, then ran into the forest looking for Free. Kris eventually came to the stadium where she saw Free on his knees. Free! Free! Are you ok? Kris asked as ran to him. She got down on Free's level and looked at him. His hair was hiding his eyes, Free are you ok? Talk to me. Kris said. Free brought his head up so she could see his eyes. Once Kris saw his eyes she just gasped because Free's eyes were red from crying and there were tears running down his cheeks. Free what's wrong? Kris asked. Fafnir was all Free said as he opened up his hands for Kris to see the pieces of Fafnir. Phi did this to Fafnir? Kris asked. All Free could do was nod his head and he broke down in tears again. Kris just looked at Free he was so broken. Kris just hugged Free as he buried his head on her shoulder. Just then Shu and Daigo came running up to the stadium. Kris we just saw Phi walking past BC Sol. Shu said. I know I saw him. Kris said. What happened to - -? Daigo asked as soon as he saw the pieces of Fafnir in Free's hands he stopped asking. So Phi did this to Free? Shu asked. Yup. Kris said as she was still holding Free. Both Shu and Daigo were angry, they hadn't know Free that long, but they couldn't believe Phi would break Fafnir. Come on Free let's head back to BC Sol. Kris said as she tried to pull Free up, but she couldn't. Come on Daigo. Shu said as he slung Free's arm over his shoulder and Daigo slung Free's other arm over his shoulder. Thanks guys. Kris said to them as they nodded. As they were walking back Free started to talk. He appeared when I was meditating and said he was going to go after BC Sol. So I told him to battle me. Free said. Kris interrupted But Free you're injured. There are a lot more important things than me like BC Sol, you, my teammates which are you guys now. Free said to Shu and Daigo. But since I was injured I couldn't use absorb break, but I pushed myself to limits and I was able to. That was my undoing though. Free said as he recounted his battle. You're playing right into my hand. Phi said. Now Phoenix revive crush! Phi yelled as the armor and Phoenix attacked Fafnir from 2 different sides and Fafnir was shattered. That's awful Free, so you weren't able to draw out all your power? Kris asked. No I wasn't due to my injury. Free said. Free I know I haven't known you long, but it means a lot that you were looking out for us, and I'm sure Daigo thinks the same. Shu said. Yeah I do thanks Free. Daigo said. No problem. Free said. Free's always pretty protective of his teammates which you guys are now. Kris said. Now let's go Free to the infirmary tomorrow and we'll get Raul to work on Fafnir. Kris said as they arrived back to BC Sol. Shu and Daigo helped Kris get Free to his room before they went to their room. So it was Free and Kris. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Kris said. You didn't do anything wrong the only one that is going to be sorry is Phi. Free said. So you're going to be ready for him? Kris asked. Definitely. Free said. Kris was happy to see Free getting his confidence back. Now you're acting like the Free I love. Kris said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. You always act like the girl I love. Free said. I love you Kris good night. Free said. Good night I love you too Free. Kris said as she shut Free's door. (In the morning) Free already went to the infirmary and got checked out, they said that Free had pushed himself, but not bad enough to make anything worse. Free took Fafnir to Raul and he said he would have Fafnir fixed by the end of the day at latest. (With Phi) How'd the mission to BC Sol go? Theodore Glass asked.Unfortunately Free De La Hoya challenged me to a battle so I couldn't battle Kris, Shu, and Daigo. Phi said. How'd the battle with Free De La Hoya go? Theodore Glass asked. I destroyed his bey and he's still not at 100 percent. Phi said. Great work Phi, that sound keep Free De La Hoya out of the tournament. Theodore Glass said smiling. (With Kris) Kris was battling and keeping an eye on Free at the same time. Free was in the gym, just sitting there staring into space. As Kris was thinking Sasha beat her in battle. Oh yeah that's a win, Kris are you even paying attention. Sasha asked. Oh yeah I am. Kris said as she picked up Fafnir. Sasha caught her gaze and she saw she was looking at Free. You're worried about Free huh? Sasha asked. Yeah I am, he had a closer connection with Fafnir and it was destroyed. Kris said. Then go talk to him and see where he is mentally. Sasha said. Ok I will. Kris said as she heading over to Free. Hey Free can I talk to you? Kris asked. Sure. Free said as he followed her just outside the gym. What's up? Free asked. Free what's wrong with you? Kris asked. Nothing I'm fine. Free said giving her a warm smile. Free I know you too well to know that's not true talk to me. Kris pleaded. Ok fine, if I can't defeat Phi how am I supposed to protect BC Sol? Free asked. Free we don't expect you to do that by yourself. Kris said. I have those expectations for myself and I can't even train since I'm injured. Free said. Free you need to wait till you're fully healed then train. Kris said. Kris I need to get better. Free said desperately. Please Free will you wait for me? Kris asked as she looked at Free. Ok I will. Free said giving her a smile. Thank you so much. Kris said as she kissed Free on the lips then grabbed his hand. Come on we need to prepare for Sunbat United. Kris said leading the way. (In Kris's office) The team was in there while Kris sat at her desk and Free was explaining their strategy. Sunbat United has a good team with Laban, Xavier, Kyle Hakim and Wakiya. Free said. So we're probably going to have to use the whole team. Free said. I agree with you, Free are you guys all ready to go? Kris asked. Yup I'm ready. Kit said as the others nodded in agreement. Ok guys that's the end of the meeting. Kris said as everyone walked out. Only Free was left in the room. Do you want to get some more training in? Free asked. Sure Free let's go. Kris said. Shouldn't you change first? Free asked. Do I really have to change? Kris asked. I would it would help. Free said. Fine I will, but I'm new to this so that's why I would forget. Kris said pouting. Come on Kris cheer up. Free said smiling as he wrapped her in a hug. Now that you hugged I've cheered up. Kris said winking at Free as she walked into her room to change. Free just turned bright red, and Kris started to laugh from inside her room. Kris had changed and Free had her swinging from tree to tree since Free had her doing this everyday it wasn't that hard. You're looking good Kris you'll be ready for the match in Japan in 2 days. Free said. Thanks Free. Kris said as she just finished swinging. What time are we leaving in the morning? Free asked. We're going to take the team jet at about 7 am tomorrow to get to Japan early. Kris said. Ok sounds good. Free said.