«ten»

Haruto's POV

Japan, 2013

"Haru-chan, do you really wanna be a rapper in the future?"

I was enjoying my sakura mochi when Aria asked me randomly out of nowhere.

"Yeah, why?" I asked her back.

She shrugged. "Well, just asking. I found many young kid's dream is stirred by their parents. Maybe, just maybe, you having a dream to be rapper because only your parent's wishes, which projected to you."

I stared at her dumbfoundedly. "Wh-what do you mean?"   I asked her confusedly.

Aria sighed. "Nothing, don't mind me." she said unenthusiastically. Which is, a very unlikely of her.

"What's wrong? Do you have something on your mind, Aria-chan?" I asked her carefully.

Aria stared at her sakura mochi blankly. "Nothing, Haru-chan. I just... have a crisis identity."

"What is it?"

Aria showed me a weak smile. "I confused with what I really wanted for my future. I... am kind of amazed with you, practically 10 years old kid, who already knows what to do in the future."

"Aah, what do you want to be, though?" I asked curiously.

"That's the problem: I don't know." she said sadly.

"Well... you can be like Haha." I suggested her.

She raised her brow. "You mean to be a wife and mother?"

"Yeah, if you're not really sure with what to do," I shrugged.

"But being a wife will not making me rich." she argued.

"Then... you can find a man who's... rich?" I suggested again, innocently. That made her gasped.

"Haru-chan, you're genius! And cunning, I must say! But it takes an effort too, you know, to find rich man. I don't know future me could effort honing my self to find good quality man." she mused. Then, she was making 'AHA!' expression. "Haru-chan! Why don't we get married???" she asked me enthusiastically.

I choked on my matcha badly. "Wh-what?" I asked her stammeringly. I never expected that.

She was explaining happily. "Well, my instinct says if you'll be success, you know with those of your skills. And I'm sure you'll rich too! It's not a bad idea, isn't it?"

I couldn't help- I was getting shy, my cheeks felt really hot. This girl never fails to surprise me with many weird things- but asking a kid to married her maybe is the weirdest idea ever.

But seeing her bright and big eyes looking hopefully to me was not helping. Well, can't help it- she's the first girl that I've ever had crush to. The first girl who could slip into my life easily. My first love. So, what do you expect me to do and feel when hearing your first love proposing you?

"W-well... Okay." I said coyly.

Aria-chan laughed and shouted happily. "It's settled then! We'll be a married couple, okay? When you're make it to be a rapper, let's make it real, okay? Promise?" she gave me her ring, asking me to do a pinky promise. I accepted it and we smiled stupidly to each other.

Sadly enough, I didn't know if I would be the only one who took the pinky promise seriously.

***

Haruto's POV

Japan, 2019

My mind was wandering to thus moment when Aria-chan weirdly proposed me.