«eleven»

Aria's POV

The train was not as crowded as I thought before.

But there were already people who sat on the chairs, so me and Haruto were standing near the train's door. After our last conversation, we had been in silence, not knowing what to say anymore. At least it was a peaceful silence, not awkward at all.

We stood side to side, leaving a little bit of significant distance between us. I looked up to see Haruto's side profile: sharp jawline, pointed nose, arched and overlong neck. His Adam's apple was moving up and down when he gulped. I must endure the sudden urge to scream over his handsomeness.

Suddenly, we made eye contact. Haruto's dreamy brown eyes were staring at me with a probing gaze.

"What is it?" He asked with his deep voice. I noticed a slight mischievous tone from his voice, it was like he caught me from doing something bad.

Please someone tell me if I'm not blushing right now...

"Nothing." I said and quickly averted my face.

I could hear Haruto was chuckling. "I'm handsome, I know." He randomly boosted himself up.

"Ew. I pity your fangirls who were tricked by you, seriously." I replied mockingly.

"What? I'm just being confident, though." He said innocently.

I rolled my eyes. "Hmm," I hummed uninterestedly.

The train was stopping again, and this time, a lot of people were rushing inside. It was suddenly really crowded to the point my body and Haruto's body were forced to be attached closely together.

"Are you okay, Aria-chan?" Haruto asked me. I looked up so I could see his face that was above my head. Our body now stood face to face and left no distance. My face would literally be glued to Haruto's chest if I didn't keep my face away from it.

"I'm okay, though. But this reminds me why being tiny sucks in this situation."

"So, you're admitting if you're tiny and not just an average." he said mischievously.

"Hmm, do you say something?" I pretended to not hear him.

Haruto was about to say something— probably teasing me again, when the train was stopping again and almost the entire passengers were losing balance, including us. I failed to keep my face away from Haruto's chest, so my head was resting on him now. Doki, doki...

At this point, I didn't know if the thumping sound was mine or his.

"I'm sorry," I said weakly.

I tried to keep my face away again— but suddenly, Haruto was holding my head gently with his arm, keeping my head on his chest.

"It's okay," he said softly, more like whispering. "Let's just... keep being like this for a while. It's a little bumpy, though, so it's safer like this."

My sarcasm side would want to throw a funny rejection at his excuse, but my mouth wouldn't want to cooperate. It was closed tightly, as if my entire body were supporting Haruto's idea.

I didn't say and do anything at all until we arrived at our stop, though.

***

We were in dead silence again when we walked to the beach.

It was closer to awkward silence, thanks to the little event in the train. I touched both of my cheeks to calm the hotness because of what we did before. We hugged before on the first day I arrived (and I almost lost my sanity too, for your information). But it was different. This time, the hug felt more intimate somehow.