Oneshot - Big Thing

December, 1988

Although the tour had only started the month prior, you could tell that the long hours were taking their toll on John and the rest of the band. You had insisted that you come along on the tour and every night, when he had slipped into your hotel room after a concert, you could feel the exhaustion emanating from him as he flopped onto the bed. 

But a spark of hope had been set alight, because for the next three days, Duran Duran were going to have a few days off from their Big Live Thing tour and before they knew it, they'd have a couple weeks off for Christmas. It was always a very special time when the gang had some time off, because it meant that they'd finally be able to sleep in and just have a break for a while. It also meant that you could spend some time with John without feeling like you were getting in the way. It was quite selfish really, that you wished to have someone, who dedicated their life to entertaining others, all to yourself. But you knew John didn't mind, because you knew he felt the same way about you.

---

It was chilly in Paris that morning, and gentle blades of frost were forming on the window panes of the Four Seasons Hotel. A gentle whistle rode on the wind as your eyes fluttered open. When your vision cleared, you saw John Taylor, your lover, but more importantly, best friend, lying before you. You gazed amorously at the rise and fall of his exposed chest. Planting a gentle kiss on his chest, you caught a whiff of his intoxicating scent. Looking up, you saw his dark hair draped over his eyes, which were lightly closed. Every now and then, his eyelids would flutter. He must've been having a dream, you thought. You placed another gentle kiss, this time on his cheek, which caused him to stir from his dream. 

John's soulful brown eyes flitted open and instantly met yours, thrusting you into a trance. He sighed as he tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear and cupped your cheek lovingly.

"Hey you." He said, a tired exhale lacing his Brummie accent. Placing your hand on his, you planted a kiss on his nose.

"Hey." You replied, smiling with a loving gaze on your face. You studied his facial features, his chiselled jaw, thin nose and curved lips. You noticed lately, that his eyes had sagged, from exhaustion, and drugs probably, but you didn't mind. Everybody had their flaws, you supposed. But even in his unnaturally thin and pale state, John still took your breath away every time with his gorgeous smile of his. And there it was, right in front of you. 

"What is it?" You asked teasingly.

"What's what?" He replied, grinning. You sat up and pulled the sheet of the bed up, as to cover your exposed body.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You giggled. John arched his eyebrow knowingly and leaned forward. He was so close to you that you could feel his hot breath against your neck, sending a tingly (or JTingly teehee) sensation down your spine. You shuddered with delight. 

"I had a dream about you." He whispered, almost growled, as he kissed your cheek, then moved down to your neck and chest.

"Oh yeah?" You responded, sighing breathlessly as he continued to caress you with his soft lips. "What was it about?" Somehow, you think you knew the answer.

"Well..." John trailed off, his lips curling into a smile. Placing one hand on your hip and the other gliding through your hair, he replied.

"It went a little something like this."