Oneshot - Death by JTingles

September, 1984

It was a chilly September morning in Germany as I sat on a bench in the picturesque local park. My legs crossed and my hair in a tight bun, I turned the page of my book. I inhaled the crisp air, and calmly exhaled, taking in my surroundings and the environment. I did this whenever I needed to clear my head from any stressful thoughts that plagued my everyday life. But today, it was working as a distraction. For the past week, I had found it difficult to go on with my daily activities as I was having trouble suppressing my excitement. Every five minutes, I would glance at my watch, the clock hands edging closer and closer to the time that a couple of my friends and I would go see Duran Duran in concert...

I tried my very best to focus on my book but unfortunately, the one I had pulled off the shelf this morning was particularly boring. When I tried to concentrate on the black lettering, my vision blurred and a rabble of butterflies erupted in my stomach. I wanted to scream and tell everyone how excited I was. Hell, I had waited my whole life for this! But my thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise in the distance. A wave of shouts, clicking and footsteps. Lots and lots of footsteps. The sound of screaming seemed to get louder and louder, as if the source of the noise was edging nearer and nearer. I suddenly fell anxious. I set my book aside and rose up from the bench. 

Peering around so I could get a closer look at the top of the footpath, I quickly jumped back in surprise. A tsunami of people came hurling through the park, cameras clicking and girls screaming. What the hell was going on? As the people came closer and closer, I feared for my life. Soon, they were near enough for me to make out their faces. A few metres ahead of the large crowd was a sprinting man. Judging by the expression on his face, he didn't want to be caught by the rabid crowd, otherwise he might be ripped to shreds by the looks of it.

"Hold on a second." I did a double take.

"Holy shit!" I whispered under my breath, the bottom of my jaw dragging along the footpath. 

"That's not... JOHN TAYLOR, is it?" It was. I had never been more certain in my life that the pinup on my wall had jumped out and landed in the local park, surrounded by a sea of German fangirls. I thought I was going to faint.  Panic suddenly washed over me. What would happen if they caught up to him? They weren't going to hurt him were they? But I quickly calmed down. Somehow, I thought, he would have been pretty good at this kind of thing. But nothing could shake how in awe I was that John Taylor, the man of my dreams, was only about a hundred metres away. 

When it seemed like the crowd had almost caught up to him, John began expertly weaving through the trees. All of a sudden, the crowd became disoriented and started crashing into each other, landing in a dizzy heap. Now, John was only a few metres away. I was starting to have difficulty breathing. The crowd were now running in a completely different direction from John, but it wouldn't be long before they spotted him. I looked around, trying to find him. That was when our eyes locked. My heart stopped.

He ran over to me and looked into my awestruck eyes for a split second before reaching his hands forward to grab my face. I drew in a deep breath, deeply confused, slightly frightened but mainly shocked. I gasped as he pulled my face into his, bring his soft lips to mine. I was so shocked but fuck, it felt so good. I felt myself returning the favour. He kissed me long enough for the crowd to run past and not see his face, as it was concealed by mine. Then when it seemed like there were no more fans to be seen, he pulled away. I stood there for a moment, jaw-dropped and eyes wide. 

"Thanks. They almost had me there." John said so casually in his hot English accent. Still, not a word from me.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale." John looked me up and down, eyebrows furrowed. 

"I-I-I'm fine." I stuttered, trying to shake myself from my trance. John nodded his head, understanding, then placed a hand on my shoulder. I screamed internally.

"Sorry about the uh." He gestured to his lips. His beautiful, soft, curved, full, plump, delicious lips AAAH I was dying here. 

"Oh no, no. It's totally fine." I said, shaking my head a bit too much as I brushed off the invisible dirt from my skirt. 

"But seriously, thank you." John said as he ran his fingers through his hair. Oh my god his hair. 

"They would've killed me back there. You saved my life!" He smiled making my face erupt in a wave of pink. I wouldn't be surprised if there was steam rising from my shoulders. John dove into a conversation, as if nothing had ever happened. 

"So... You like our stuff?" He asked, hands casually stowed in his coat pocket, hoping I'd understand what he meant. I nodded vigorously.

"Oh yeah my friends and I think you guys are great!" I enthused. 

"Coming tonight?"

"Yup." I beamed as I saw the satisfied expression plastered across John's face.

"Hey, say." He started, gazing off into the distance thoughtfully. "Meet me backstage after the show. I haven't thanked you properly yet." Oh. My. God. I was certain this was the part when I exploded. 

"Wow, ok." I smiled, trying to hide my immense excitement. John tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and then leant in to kiss my cheek. As his lips met my skin, a wave of energy coursed down my spine, making me dizzy.

"Hey." He whispered, a dreamy gaze directed towards me. "You're really pretty. Wear your hair out tonight." And with that, John went jogging away, off into the distance. 

I plonked back down on the bench, trying to process what had just happened. I was in complete shock, awe and... LOVE! I sighed, my cheeks still burning. There's no way my friends will believe this, I thought.