Oneshot - That Fatal Kiss

November, 1985

Standing on my tiptoes, I adjusted John's bowtie and gave him a peck on the cheek. Smiling, he slipped an arm around my waist and lead me downstairs to where a taxi was waiting outside his apartment. We hopped in, excitement emanating from the both of us. Tonight, we were off to the premiere of 'A View to a Kill' in which Duran Duran had composed the theme song for. Being such an avid fan of the Bond series, I could tell that John felt really accomplished. It was pretty hard to ignore the golden grin plastered across his face. 

We sat in silence as the taxi rolled along. No words needed to be said as we gazed into each others eyes. I couldn't help myself but give in to the irresistible magnetism of John's beautiful dark eyes. I slid a hand behind his neck and gently combed my fingers through his hair, smiling contently. Both John and I knew we had to make the best of this moment because once we stepped out of the taxi, it would be a media nightmare. We could see the cinema ahead, along with a tidal wave of glimmering cameras. I placed a finger on John's chin.

"You know," I started, "the way you're looking tonight, someone could mistake you for Bond himself." I giggled as John pulled a funny face. Then he leaned in, planting a soft kiss on my lips before taking my hand to lead me out of the taxi. His arm protectively around my waist, John marched through the sea of cameras and into the cinema. The lobby was filled to the brim with famous faces. After a few minutes of wandering around, shaking hands and answering questions, we finally found the rest of Duran Duran. I noticed the tense atmosphere around the band, but to my relief, it slowly eased away a little. After a while of chatting about Simon and his boat, a bit about Arcadia and the Power Station and whatnot, a few news reporters approached the group. 

"Charley and I have gotta go now. But I'll be back in 15. Do you mind waiting 'round here till I get back?" I nodded, a small smile across my face in the attempt to hide my disappointment towards John leaving. 

"Thanks babe." John said, quickly bringing me in for a small, but overwhelming and warm kiss on the lips, before walking away. 

"I hope someone got a picture of that." I whispered under my breath, smirking. I stood alone for a few minutes until I walked into Simon's girlfriend and we struck up a light conversation. She was extremely beautiful and outgoing which made me feel a little self-conscious. The minutes seemed like hours as I waited for John to return. But then, in the nick of time, I felt two long arms wrap around my waist. I turned around to be greeted by his gleaming smile which filled my chest with warmth. John took my hand and lead me to a corner, where it felt as if there were less eyes on us. Still with one arm around my waist, he brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"I never got the chance to tell you how gorgeous you look tonight." He whispered, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

"I love you in that dress almost as much as love you out of it." John growled, turning my face a dark shade of red. I felt my lips latch on to his, our tongues brushing against each other. I moved my arms up towards his neck, where I began to comb through his hair, as I did so fondly. But then he disrupted our kiss by pulling away, looking around, indicating to me that we were being watched. I sighed, trying to calm myself down. A smirk crept from John's lips as he glanced at me trying to recover from getting so worked up.

"Dammit John. Just by looking at me like that you turn me to mush!" I huffed. 

"I know." John chimed taking my hand and twirling me around. Nick approached us to let us know that everyone was going in to see the movie now so we followed him to the rest of the group. We took our seats as an excited chatter floated throughout the crowd. John lifted his arm rest up so that I could shuffle closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder as he draped an arm over my shoulder. Then, the crowd fell silent as the lights dimmed, and the movie began...