Chapter 1

Alright, a few weeks ago, I asked for story ideas. I got a couple good DMs but the one I decided to run with was, "crime related to go with his new character." The title is "Show Up & KILL" so it should go without saying that there will be some scenes that may be hard to read.

* * *

What does he want? I thought to myself with a flicker of annoyance as my dad's name flashed across the screen

What does he want? I thought to myself with a flicker of annoyance as my dad's name flashed across the screen. I sent it to voicemail. Love him but he hasn't been my favorite person to talk to or be around since he lost his re-election bid for Governor 6 months ago. Dad rarely left the house and when he did, he was always looking over his shoulder. I just figured he was embarrassed. He'd been trailing in the polls leading up to election day but no one predicted he'd lose as bad as he did.

Dad: Just checking in, you don't have to call back. I'm sure you're out somewhere with friends (or that boy that you can do better than but that's none of my business). Be careful and get home soon and safe. Love you. Goodnight, Chanel.

I got home at about 10, fed my cat, Jace, showered, browsed IG one last time before dozing off at 11:30. It was barely 15 minutes later when I heard Jace violently meowing and hissing in the kitchen. It was probably nothing. There were alot of strays in the neighborhood so he's probably sitting on top of the sink looking at one through the window.

I'll just get up and bring him in here with me so he won't... My thought process soon came to a screeching halt when I heard footsteps. I felt paralyzed, unable to move as they got closer. My shaking hands reached out for my phone just as the door to my room opened. It was dark so I couldn't see anything besides a dark shadow. The light from my phone illuminated my face as I rushed to dial 9...1...before I could finish, the footsteps ran up. The phone was snatched out of my hand and thrown against the wall.

The energy in the room was darker than anything I'd ever been in. The only sound was my erratic breathing. I'd never felt more terrified in my life.

I tried to swallow but my throat was dry. "W-who's there? What do you want?"

The light popped on and I winced, shielding my eyes. When I slowly brought my forearm down, there he was standing menacingly at the foot of my bed.  He was wearing all black down to his latex gloves.