Chapter 1 - Dreams

She knew she shouldn't have fallen asleep, it was a stupid mistake on her part. She was on the run, and every second she stayed in one place too long, she risks her siblings and father tracking her down and finding her. But she just couldn't help herself, she was tired. That's why, after two days without an incident, she cast an invisibility spell and pushed her luck. Big mistake.
~
She dreamt she was in a hellscape. At first she thought it was her fathers realm, but after looking around, she noticed differences here and there. Mostly was the lack of fire everywhere and especially lack of demons. Instead, monsters dotted the landscape that she never seen before: Huge black dogs the size of trucks with red eyes, giant men and women with a singular eye right in the middle of their foreheads, a huge, wingless dragon, and even weirder creatures.

But that's probably not the weirdest thing she saw. She saw two men fighting with swords, surrounded by all the strange creatures of this realm. One was around 10 feet tall, black hair, blue eyes and weird bronze armor that covered his torso. The other man, though, is what peaked Ravens interest.

He was maybe 6 feet tall, with raven black, windswept hair, a tanned skin tone, and startling, sea green eyes. He looked human, and around Ravens age, which confused Raven to no end. He was wearing a brown fur jacket over a black shirt, the hood down giving her a clear look at his face. She floated closer from above to get a closer look at the two individuals.

"Perses, how many times are we going to do this until you get it through your thick skull, you CAN'T WIN," the smaller man said while laughing. He was dual wielding two swords, one bronze, the other black and gold, and he was a whirlwind with his weapons, blocking and parrying all the giants attacks with ease and countering whenever he saw an opening, which was quite often. The larger man was cut in multiple places, his arms, legs, torso and even his face, but his blood was gold, which Raven didn't understand at all.

The larger man snarled and backed up, panting heavily, lowering his bronze sword. "I wasn't yet reformed for the second Titan War, otherwise that stupid upstart Kronos might've actually won. I don't care how long it takes, I will find a way to kill you you wretched sea spawn!"

The smaller man just laughed in his face. "Wow you're dense. You've been trying for how long now? Ever since I escaped that wretched prison, you haven't been able to even land a hit. So tell me Perses, how many more years until you give up, huh? It's honestly getting pathetic, I'm not even breaking a sweat, this is no challenge. You're just a waste of my time, now if you would excuse me, I have to find the doors." And with that the man plunged both swords deep into the ground, and with a yell the ground started shaking, knocking all the monsters and giants around him off balance. With that, the man ripped his swords out of the ground, smirked and walked away, unfazed by the earthquake.
~
Raven woke up gasping, confused and disoriented. She had a vague idea of what that place was, and she had no idea what that dream vision was about. That man certainly didn't look like a monster or a demon, but then again, neither did she, at least at the current moment in time. But she would just meditate on it later. Right now, she had to keep moving.

She was asleep in a park, tucked far in the back under the shade of a tree. Probably not the best idea, but it was a last minute decision. She got up and pulled her purple hoodie up over her head. She started walking out of the park, determined to keep on the move.

She was in Central Park in Manhattan, and she was hungry. One can only go so for so long on berries alone after all. So with that she walked onto the busy streets and looked for a anyplace where she could find food, preferably a soup kitchen.

After walking for about five blocks, Raven was starting to get irritated, she did not want to have to go diving through dumpsters again. She was lucky if she ever found anything just closed and thrown away, most of the time, it was scraps of food mixed with whatever other trash was thrown away. It's gross.