Moving too fast?

I ran to my bedroom looking for my car keys but I couldn't see them anywhere. I remember that my car was left behind and Luciano said someone would bring it. Oh no, no,no!

I rush to my phone quickly dialing the number that Luciano gave me and on the count of 3 rings the line connected, but even before he could say anything I jump in breathless.

"Luciano, my car. Where's my car?" I asked pacing back and forth in the living room and it sounds like he's still in the car going somewhere.

"Woah woah, what's wrong? I just left and you sound like you've been running." He said in reply but I just rub my forehead.

"I- I need to go get Storm. She's not safe at school anymore!" I said ignoring his concern about my breathing.

"Your car was supposed to reach there by the time I left. Uhm... okay just do one thing. Your bodyguards outside came with cars, just take one of those." He said thoughtful and I sigh nodding though he obviously can't see me.

"Thank you! You're a lifesaver!" I said as I grab my keys, locking me front door. I look outside to the man swiftly moving around in every direction.

"No problem, I have to go now." He said as I hear a car door open and close from his line.

"Okay. Bye!" I said hanging up and walking closer to the bodyguards. The closer I get, the more I realize how giant and scary these men looked. Talk about your worst nightmare!

"Ma'am. Nice to meet you, I'm Vincent." I heard a tall man with blonde hair say towards me. He looked like the guy who gave orders to the rest of the other men.

"Hi, I'm Nevaeh...nice to meet you." I said and he shakes my hand offering a smile towards me.

"Boss says you need to go out?" He asked and I nod. He walks me to one of the many black SUVs with tinted windows. He opens the back door and I slide in seeing the driver inside. Vincent comes in behind me with another bodyguard sitting in the passenger seat.

"Where to ma'am?" The driver asked and I put the schools location on the GPS and sit back right.

"Do you guys mind?" I asked looking at the guns that they were holding out and as much as it's cool, I don't want to scare Storm or let her think it's a toy.

"Oh- haha sorry. Hunter, put your gun away." Vincent said whilst tucking away his own gun making me smile thankfully.

"Do you guys know Luciano?" I asked randomly and they both nod with an 'obviously' look on their faces.

"Of course. But before we continue, how much do you know?" Hunter asked looking back at me.

"Well...if you're talking about this unbelievable 'mafia' scandal then I think I know enough." I said, causing them to all laugh.

"I like you already! But if you must know Vin is his right hand man and I'm his second in command. So yeah, we do know him and his family." He reply's.

"Is he a good guy? Well obviously excluding the mafia business." I said and they both look like their in thought from my question. But I needed to know the truth about him.

"Luciano...is a complicated man Neveah. And honestly speaking, he's never done anything like this for any woman if you're wondering. I was shocked!" Vincent said really loudly and I could see Hunter nodding.

"Hey, I'm not that bad. I'll have you know I was quite popular in school." I said with a sassy tone and even the driver laughs. I was feeling much better. Who knew that Luciano coming into my life would bring more people too.

"Well you surprise me. Definitely not what I expected." Vincent replies shaking his head. The car stops outside Storm's kindergarten and school hours were already over. Usually Storm stays for aftercare school while I'm at work but since I'm not at work, I'm fetching her early.