Chapter V

Harper's POV

"Ahhh," was the sound I was making as I opened my mouth wide for them to feed me. They won't untie my hands so that I can eat the food on my own without help from them. The two of them were sitting beside me, one on the left and the other on the right. I was in the middle and they were my wings. It was new and unusual for me. 

"Come on guys, don't you think it's weird that you're feeding a grown adult? If you untie me, only my hands then you can just watch me eat."

To my left was where I get a spoonful of fried rice and to my right, it's where I get my sip of lemon grape soda. They were awfully quiet at first but very obedient when I told them how to feed me. Like the amount of food to scoop into my small mouth or hold the straw so it won't be moving up and down while I tried grabbing it with my mouth. 

"So...can I know your names or do I have to call you thing one and thing two?" I stared at them with my mouth full like a fill cheeked chipmunk. The food was so delicious. I don't know if it's because I was starving or I've been so used to the school district's food chain. I barely have time to go out of the school zone to check other restaurants, and I live in the dorm so I don't get to experience the full city life. 

"Well?"

They seemed nervous while exchanging looks with each other, but the man with the bun on my left spoke first.

"Forgive us, I'm Tristan and he's Russell." He gestured towards the guy with no hair. They were whispering because they were instructed not to say anything to me.

Russell held the drink closer so I can get another sip, "Believe us, we're not bad guys...they're blackmailing my brothers and me."

"They helped my family financially and in exchange, I'm signed under their work contract for five years," Tristan explained that he was denied bank loans and this was the only way he can provide for his family and his children's education. He was a taxi driver but he wasn't making enough income for a household of five.

I don't who this "they" they're referring too but it sounds like an organization made by the wicked, "Are you supposed to be telling me this? What if 'they' find out?"

"It's okay for us to talk about ourselves, but we were told not to tell you what they want with you." Tristan was in his early 30's yet he has a son who was going to college soon and another child coming.

While Tristan went to throw the box of food away, Russell doesn't say much, only when someone asks him something.

"Have you ever met them?"

"Who?" I was asking about the mysterious 'they' that they keep referring me to, "Oh, you mean?"

I nodded my head, "Why would they want a nobody like me? I'm not rich and I don't I made any enemies. I kept a really low profile throughout my life."

"You are rich."

"What?" I looked up and saw him again, "Ben, you must've got the wrong person. Who is going to pay the ransom? My family is dead!"

Ben shooed Russell away, it was back to where we were from the beginning.

"No, they're not..." I can't believe what he was telling me, "Your real family is still alive, at least one of them is."

"You're lying."

Tristan and Russell came back, their hands were holding a large blade. They positioned near me and start cutting the ropes while Ben knelt back down so we're facing the same level, "We're leaving, Harper, please don't try to use any of your ninja skills or we would have to tase you." 

I saw Ben was holding a taser behind his back once he got back up, I didn't want to take any chance of getting tased. I remembered a friend's uncle got tased so badly that he caught a cardiac arrest and died. 

"I have to go." 

"You're coming with us if that's what you mean," Ben took a glance at his watch before getting a call on his cellphone. 

"No, I have to go." I repeated but he turned around to answer the call and ignored me, "Like I have to take a wiz!" It caught the guys' attention and a little giggle from my back. 

He took a pause on his call and leaned down at me, "Okay...you can pee when you go upstairs." 

End of Harper's POV

The repetitive creaking sound of loose floorboards indicated that multiple entries were being made into the room where the hidden basement can be found. A woman with a nose piercing was hanging her arms around the kid and the man with the many tattoos.

"What's new kid?" She ruffles his short hair with her right hand, she got the closest relationship with him and likes to tease him at times. 

"I got a name, ya know." Most of them treat Carson, the kid as their own little brother except Ben and Salem.

"I know baby." She squishes his tiny bony structured face. Even though he was the youngest one, he was also the tallest and thinnest. 

A shiny head was sticking out from the hole in the ground, it was Russell and Tristan was coming from behind him. Harper was struggling to climb up the ladders with her stiletto heels so Tristan graciously helped pulled her out. 

"Kat," Ben called out as he was the last one sticking his head out of the hole, "Please guide Harper to the toilet."

"More like guard..." Harper faintly muttered under her breath, she looked to see a girl coming towards her. She has a ring pierced into her septum and her hair was dyed half red and half white. 

The only bathroom available was upstairs, Kat short for Kataleya, handcuffed her hands and led her upstairs.

"Where did you get these handcuffs?" Harper asks as Kat unlocks it, there was fluffy pink plush fur around the strands. Kat shot daggers at her with her unfriendly stare, she didn't like anyone questioning her pink handcuffs. It was a gift from one of her ex-girlfriends. 

"Okay...I'm just going to pee..."