Chapter VII

*FLASHBACK*
(The Bomb Incident)

The year was 2017, a colossal war broke out between the Renaissance port bordering the countries Olvallay and Evergreene. There was a foolish dispute joining the small provinces of Amiwrong in Evergreene and Anpanman in Olvallay.

Set sailed in the Renaissance strait, ships patrol the area every day with three from each side of the country. Once there was a whole landmass roaming the body of water, the Osheer Ocean. Then a massive earthquake shook the plate tectonics causing it to diverge and soon the landmass was divided into two separate continents.

In the modern-day, the continents are known to be Evergreene and Olvallay. After drifting away in a different direction, all was lost with no communication but isolation. When high tech was introduced into the world, it brought convenience and unity to both worlds that were once a unit.

By then civilization has evolved, the mother tongue known as the universal language has perished deeply into ancient times. New languages were formed and it was taught as a second language in their neighboring continent.

That day at sea in the year of 2017, it was early morning and two patrol vessels were port to port. The sea patrollers from two sides were known to meet up every now and then for a little chit chat.

"What are you having there?" One of the men asks from the deck of the patrol vessel. He was sitting by a round table with food displayed out as well. He was enjoying his breakfast with a fellow comrade opposite in the other vessel.

"I got some fruits, corn, mashed potatoes and a basket of bread and buns." The other man replied from his vessel, "Although I wished I have me some jam." He was using a megaphone to communicate from afar.

"You can make some with those many fruits you have there," The man by the round table chuckles. "Hey, one day I have to visit you over there and dine. I've never tried Olvallay's food before."

"You should! There are so many foods for you to try, Olvallay has the best banana bread in the world."

The two continents never import food from each other, they only export raw materials other essentials but never processed food. Only the ones who had traveled to the other country get the pleasure of trying their cuisine. It's nothing special, they're made from the same basis of components but finished in a different personal style.

"I'm not sure about that George. If you try our Evergreene's banana bread, it would blow your mind!"

"Oh, Connor but we have a great banana plantation over here." It was true, the soil in Olvallay was a gift from mother nature and the banana plantation from Evergreene's wasn't as fruity as Olvallay's.

"I don't believe you," George was a curious guy but also very stubborn and full of pride, "our banana plantation fields take up more lands than the ones in Olvallay."

"It's not about the quantity but the quality George!"

A couple of days passed by and George got to visit his comrade Connor after communicating over their vessels for the past six months. They were still debating whether Olvallay has the best banana bread ever or Evergreene has the best banana bread.

George took a loaf of banana bread he can buy from one of the top bakeries in Evergreene. He flew across the continent with nothing but the loaf of banana bread and a few set of clothes.

"Ready?"

"Set..."

"Taste!"

George and Connor dived into their slice of banana bread while being crowded around men who work in the coastal guard division.