XII

It was everything she'd hoped and more. As soon as Hermione walked into her bedroom, she felt right at home. The doors opened right into a beautiful, elegant room, all in her favorite light blue color. Below the elaborate crown moldings sat small murals  depicting scenes from Hermione's favorite Greek myths. The blue walls were sectioned evenly by tall windows with complicatedly placed drapes framing them and two large chandeliers on opposite ends of the ceiling lit up the room. To the right was her bed, an oversized, plush thing, with a small draped backdrop and two dark nightstands beside it. Little details, like the small reading lights above the headboard of the bed or the plush bench to put your shoes on at the foot of the bed made it feel like she had placed them there and not some invisible magical force.

The intricate carpet that covered the floor felt like walking on a cloud as Hermione padded around in awe at this room that was hers. To the right of her bed was a small desk, perfect for taking notes. A double sitting area sat in the center of the room with two matching large gold couches, coordinated armchairs, and small coffee tables facing both ends of the room. One faced the right wall with the bed while the other faced the fireplace and bookshelves that covered the entire left wall and almost all of the spare space of the leftover walls. One of the tall windows even had a window nook with pillows, perfect for reading on a rainy day.

 One of the tall windows even had a window nook with pillows, perfect for reading on a rainy day

Meanwhile, Elladora was gushing about the room, pointing out every detail, every design. "Look! Your fireplace even has it's own floo powder! And look! It's a painting of Mum when she was younger! She'll adore that!" Hermione turned to face the painting and indeed, it displayed a stark rendition of a younger-looking Aediva, curly hair pulled back, seated in an elegant dress. She leaned back absentmindedly in her chair, checking her reflection in a pocket mirror or twirling her wand in her hand.

Hermione wanted to explore more but stopped. "Where's the door to the bathroom?" she asked. Blaise and Elladora looked around but were forced to come to the same conclusion as Hermione. "There is no door," Blaise said, confused. "That can't be. There must be some hidden door or something of the sort," Hermione said, her analytical brain resurfacing. She dragged her hand around the walls, feeling for some sort of hidden lever or plaque, but she was searching for the wrong thing. Ella began pulling at books in the bookcase and stopped when one of the books wouldn't pull out. The book was stuck by an edge when a small click could be heard. Startlingly, the bookcase swung inwards to reveal the bathroom behind it.

Ella squealed in delight. "It's just like in the muggle stories!" she exclaimed. Hermione and Blaise laughed in astonishment. "Well done, Ella! You found it so quickly!" Hermione praised. Elladora positively glowed with pride and dragged them inside the identical bathroom. It was pretty small, just like Hermione liked it. The narrow room had a sink and a large mirror on the back wall outfitted with plenty of storage under it. A towel rack sat right beside it along with a large tub on the right wall. On the left stood a small vanity with space for cosmetics Hermione would never use. The same theme as Hermione's bedroom flowed into the bathroom, large drapes framing the windows, intricate crown moldings, and a large painting depicting a nature scene, birds flying and trees rustling around in the frame.