Chapter One

Mari’s POV:

I was SO excited!  Gabriel Agreste wants to meet ME!  I can’t believe he wants to talk about fashion with ME!  I hope I don’t mess this up, especially because I get to ride with Adrien in his limo.  It’s been three years since I met Adrien, so I’m a Junior in High school, and thankfully I lost the stutter as a freshman.  So, as soon as school ended Adrien led me to his limo.  I was so excited I couldn’t stop bouncing my leg!

“ Are you nervous?”

He asked with a brilliant smile.  I looked at him with a giant smile showing on my face.

“ A little, but I’m more excited to see what he wants to ask me about!”

He nodded, his smile growing bigger.

“ You’re so talented, I’m sure he wants to offer you an internship!”

“ That would be a dream come true!”

After the short conversation we arrived in front of the giant mansion. Adrien got out first, stretching out his hand out for me to take.  I took his hand and got out.  I expected him to release my hand once I got out of the car, but he continued to hold my hand as we stood in front of the doors to his father’s office!  I had to force myself to not blush.  He knocked on the door, and we heard a faint,

“ Come in.”

From the other side.  As soon as we stepped into the office he released my hand, which made me frown a little, but I couldn’t focus on that now.  Right now I’m in front of Mr. Agreste, and if I mess up even once, I may never be able to work with him, my dreams of becoming a designer will be ruined, I’ll never be allowed to talk to Adrien again, I’ll never-.  My thoughts were ended when I heard Mr. Agreste welcoming me.

“ Thank you for inviting me here Mr. Agreste, it truly is an honor.”

I saw him smirk, weird, I’ve never seen any kind of expression on this man before except stoic.

“ Adrien, please head to your room and practice your piano while I talk to Miss Dupain-Cheng here.”

Adrien’s face grew solemn and he nodded leaving the room and closing the door behind him. I shivered a sudden strange chill filling the space between us, a dark and cold feeling permeating the air like the stench of the dead.  

“ Please take a seat Miss Du-pain Cheng…or should I say Ladybug.”

I looked at him with shock and fear.  H-how did he figure it out?!

“ Please sit, we have much to discuss, and not a lot of time.”

I felt my legs give out right as I sat down on the small cushioned chair. He walked closer to me with an evil grin.

“I can’t believe that a worthless baker’s daughter is the 'All powerful Ladybug'.”

He said mockingly.

“ There’s nothing special about you.  Your designs are garbage, you’re a weakling, you have a horrible fashion sense, you’re body has nothing to offer, and you really aren’t that smart! I mean look at you, just a teenage girl, while I am older, smarter, and more resourceful. After all, I am Hawkmoth.”

There were tears running down my face as my role model in fashion began to insult me, and when I heard what he just said…I nearly fainted from shock. I was so shocked I couldn’t move trying to process everything.

“ Now, if you want to keep your miraculous and all of your friends and family safe, then you better stay away from my son. Don’t talk to him, don’t look at him, don’t even go near him.  Don’t tell anyone about this little meeting, and if anyone asks you will tell them that you were here for an internship. You better come here every Wednesday and Saturday at 6 P.M. If you don’t come, then you better be ready for all hell to break loose. You will tell me all you know about the miraculouses, and bring your design book so A) there are no suspicions, and B) you know how bad you are at designing, do you understand?”

I nod my head as the tears continued to flow down my face non stop.

“ Good, then I’ll see you soon.  Have a good rest of the day Ladybug.” He sneered.

I stood up and quickly exited the room.  My mind was so crowded with thoughts that I didn’t even see the figure right in front of me. I ran right into them, and when I did, I looked up to see it was none other than Adrien.

“Marinette what’s wrong?!”

I didn’t say anything, I just ran as fast as I could away. I ran and I couldn’t stop running. I just ran and ran and ran until my lungs try to catch a break . The tears never stopped, they was flowing like small streams...what a waste. I finally stopped and looked around seeing where I was. I was right by the Seine, I looked at the water and held onto the railing as my legs were threatening to give out. I cried, sobs wracking out of my body. I could tell people were looking at me strangely, but I couldn’t care less right now. My life was broken-no scratch that...My life was ruined!

A special friend of mine and I created this story. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!☺