1 - Mutant Relations

"Bethany!" She ignored her brother's voice, rolling over in her bed, "I told you to be ready by now!"

In an instant, she flung up from her bed with a loud gasp as the cold water covered her body. She gave him a small glare while focusing on her powers to dry herself off, "Why did you throw water on me?" Her voice indicated how angry she was at him, she rushed over to her closet. Snatching a plain red t-shirt and blue jeans, which caused Henry to shake his head, he always told her to try and look professional.

"I said to be ready."

Bethany grumbled the entire way to the lab, even as she put on her lab coat and pulling her hair up in a ponytail. She could not believe Henry actually dumped water on them, especially with how old they were not. Henry was too busy prepping the lab for visitors to even care that she was still irritated with him. Bethany was meant to help him, but due to her stubbornness, she sat down on a stool in the far back and read a book. He passed her multiple times and asked for help but he got the same 'Just one more chapter' reaction from her. After the first five times, Henry finally gave up but also gave her an apology for the water.

When Bethany looked up from her completed book, she saw Henry pacing back and forth, voicing how he thought this could be some joke Platt was playing on them. She didn't even bother to reassure him, if it was a prank then it was a prank, she would definitely call Platt out for being childish though.

It was far past six by now, and Bethany was ready to go him now, most of the time she enjoyed being at the lab watching Henry work, but all she could see now was him being anxious and pacing. Breathing in through her nose heavily, she opened the book again, deciding to just reread it, Jane Austen novels were amazing. Just as she read the first sentence, she heard the doors swing open. A wave of surprise came over her since she thought no one was ever going to show up. Shutting her book with one hand, she tilted her head to see the people walk in, but continued to stay seated on the stool away from them. As each walked in, her smile grew a little bit wondering if they were mutants or not, though the tall male seemed quite intimidating with his gloomy aura hanging around him.

Henry noticed how all of them were staring up at the plane replica he created, granted Beth had helped him put it together, "It's uh... supersonic. Most advanced plane ever built, you should see it in real life. It's incredible."

"Hank." Platt cut him off completely, "These-" He indicated to the three standing with him, "Are the new mutant recruits I was telling you about. This is Hank-" Bethany pursed her lips, "McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers.

Beth had always called him Henry because that was what he introduced himself as, not as Hank, which she found odd because she heard others referring to him as Hank. A frown formed on her face the moment she realized that Platt did not notice her in the room.

The shorter man, though taller than Beth, with dark brown hair and blue eyes step up in magnification, he took Henry's hand to shake, "How wonderful." Henry took his hand in his, "Another mutant already here." Without releasing Henry's hand he faced Platter, "Why didn't you say?"