7 - Xavier Mansion

Beth had received medical attention for her thigh, there was still definite pain but the bullet was taken out of her

Beth had received medical attention for her thigh, there was still definite pain but the bullet was taken out of her. She sat outside with the rest of the group, her head hung low as she stared at her hands. She was still in the same clothes from the attack, so were the rest of them, she had blood on her hands. Beth did not know if it was her own or... someone else's. She blinked under the bright light of the sun to look at everyone, Raven was crying softly with her head against Henry's shoulder, Sean and Alex were just there in complete silence looking down at the floor.

Now shifting so she could hold onto Beth, Raven whimpers softly, "We can't even bury him..."

Henry took Raven back in his arms for Beth's sake, "I know it hurts right now but you shouldn't put too much pressure on Beth because of her bullet wound. It can cause her stitches to open and the bleeding could start again. If it weren't for the help of her mutation, the wound would be worse."

"I'm-" Raven whispers through her tears, "I'm sorry, Beth."

"It's fine." Beth put on a smile for her, "I'm fine."

Tires screeched violently against the pavement, everyone looked up to see Charles, Moira, and Erik running over to them.

"Raven!" Charles cried out, he came over to her and lifted Raven in his arms. He set her back down, placing his hands gently on her cheeks to make sure she was perfectly fine. His eyes trailed through his fellow mutants until they landed on Beth, covered in splatter blood, "Beth!" His body rushed over to her, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Nothing..." Charles wrapped his arms around her, "Nothing about this is fine, Beth."

Beth slowly snaked her arms up his back and placed her face in the crook of his neck, being able to smell his strong cologne again sent comfort through her.

Charles pulled away from her, "We've made arrangements for you to be taken home."

Without thinking of the pain this could cause her, Beth stood up abruptly, but Charles turned to her and placed his hands on her shoulders to force her to sit back down.

"I'm not going home." Alex pressed, he stood his grown while giving the most intense glare at him.

"What?" Charles questions incredulously, he could not see why anyone would want to risk their lives like this again.

Sean snaps back at him with a clarification, "He's not going back to prison." He had gotten close to everyone here as well, there was no way he'd want to leave the people that made him feel like himself.

Alex shook in anger, "They killed Darwin!"

Charles released a sigh, his eyes flickering to Beth for some sort of help but she had even given him this look of refusal, "More reason for you to leave. This is over."

"Darwin's dead." Raven repeated with as much furiosity as Alex through her tears.

Beth slowly stood up, ignoring the pain in her leg, "And we can't even bury him..."