8 - Too Much Thinking

Beth sat patiently on her bed for Henry to come in and tell her she was good to go, it had already been a whole day and she felt better already

Beth sat patiently on her bed for Henry to come in and tell her she was good to go, it had already been a whole day and she felt better already. The only thing on her mind was Charles after he left to visit Moira he never came back. Which only made Beth believe she did something wrong. Maybe she was not that good of a kisser? Or maybe she really was just a fling to Charles? She rubbed her head violently, she had seen him after their kiss but not face to face. She watched from her window during the day and saw him training with Erik and Sean, he had even watched Moira practice her shooting.

"Beth."

Henry and Raven were in the doorframe with small smiles on her face, which only made Beth jump a little with her own smile, "Hey, guys. So-" Henry walked over to Beth and took her ace wrap off, "Henry, does this mean I can leave my room now?"

"Yes, go ahead." Henry laughed softly, "Just don't go and put too much pressure on it, it will still be pretty sore."

Raven rushed over to Beth and hopped on the bed with her. Henry patted Beth's head before he left the room, leaving the two girls to talk amongst themselves.

"You can finally train." Raven teased while hugging Beth close to her, "I get to see you use your powers."

"Wow." Beth's eyes lit up, "Why are you so happy about me training?"

Raven winced for a second and then quickly smiled, "Well, you'll be able to control your powers better, since I know that was something you want... I even heard Charles saying he wanted to teach you to use your powers while being in another form. So, you can look like me or even Erik while controlling fire or water."

Beth eyed Raven for a minute, she suspected there was more of a reason for her sudden giddiness towards her training but she chose to look past it, "I can't wait, honestly." She looked ahead of her, "I want to work on my fire abilities because those are the most out of control."

Raven pursed her lips and nodded her head, "That is true, fire can be very wild and dangerous-" She turned on her knees with a grin on her face, "But, remember, fire brings light and warmth."

Beth looked at Raven for a few seconds, seeing how much she resembled Charles in different aspects, "Raven... is there another reason for why you are so excited for me to train."

"What..." Raven's voice brushes it off with a higher pitch, "Of course not."

"For someone with the code name Mystique-" Beth stood up from the bed, "That was a terrible lie."

"I... may have heard... that you and Charles kissed-"

"Oh my-"

Raven jumped up from her spot, "Don't get upset, I kind of hocked him about it, plus, Erik said something so-"

Beth breathed out her shoulders dropping, "It doesn't matter, he's been avoiding me since."

"He has not been avoiding you, he's been busy training."