~one~

ONE

Magic is believing in yourself. If you can
do that, you can make anything happen.

✧✧✧✧

CHICAGO
Monday

Come in close, closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it will be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You're looking, but what you're really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job to take the most precious of gifts you give me, your attention and use it against you.

"I'm going to flip thought this deck," said the card trickster as he showed the deck of cards in his hand to a girl among the audience in front of him. "And I want you to see one card and not this one, that's too obvious. Pay close attention."

He flipped the cards in his hand, before saying. "That was too fast. I'll do it again. Are you ready?"

"Hm-Mhm." The girl in front of him nodded.

"Okay," Daniel flipped the card in his hands again, but this time slower. "Did you see one?"

"Yes." The brunette girl said, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Do you have one in mind?" He asked.

"Yes."

"And do you see your card here?" He asked again as he held the cards in hand.

The girl paused and raked her eyes on the cards in front of her.

"No." She said shaking her head.

"That's because you're looking too closely." The trickster said. "What I've been telling you all night. The closer you look,"

"The less you see." The audience said together.

He threw all the cards in the air, and a second later the card seven of diamond appeared on the side of the tower.

The crowd fell into great applause and hooting, as they looked at the side of the tower, where the seven of diamonds was made. 

✧✧✧✧

NEW ORLEANS
Tuesday

"Look into my eyes and sleep." The mentalist said to the woman in front of him, and her head dropped instantly. He took her head and started whispering something into her ear, before snapped his finger and her eyes opened again.

"If you can get this bill from me," He said taking out 20 dollar money from his pocket "You can have it. Go ahead, take it." The woman tried to reach out, but wasn't able to. "If you can say your name, you can have it."

The woman tried to speak her name, but wasn't able to. Her husband from beside her chuckled from amusement.

"Alright, just hang out there," said the mentalist to the lady. "wriggle a sec I'm gonna take a little peek under the hood of your hubby's brain. - Oh, no, no, no. I'm picturing... Don't tell me. Um... Of course. Beach. Cocktails." Suddenly he snaps his fingers "Florida?

"Look," said the man, a little alarmed. "It was a business trip."

"I mean, it is a kind of business. Maybe the oldest business."

"You know what, Honey Bee, let's--"

 "She can't move, Mack." Merritt McKinney said to the alarmed looking husband. "You're thinking of a woman's name. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J... J? Jean. Jane. Janet. Who's Janet?" He turns toward the woman. "You know Janet? It's not your best friend, is it?