~four~

FOUR

❝Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.❞

✧✧✧✧

Whether we admit or not, we all believe in magic. We may have become slaves of the daily grind of our life but a part within us wants to emancipate itself from it and hopes for something magical to happen. 

And that was the job of The Five Horsemen, to bring magic in the daily boring lives of people, and maybe something more.

The Five Horsemen found themselves backstage getting ready for their magical show in the evening. Gen applied the mascara on her eyes, before checking herself in the mirror. She ran her fingers through her open blonde hair, before slipping on her four inches black matte heels. Her dress was mid thigh black dress with velvet laces that showed her curves. Gen adjusted her black gloves on her hands, before she walked toward the door and opened it. She was met by the sight of Daniel standing on his tux. 

"You look amazing." That was the first thing that came out of his mouth, making Gen smile. 

"Thanks." she said with a smile. 

"Anyway, I just came to call you." said Daniel. "Now that I see you ready, let's go then."

They both walked toward the gate from where they were going to enter, and found Merritt already waiting for them.

"Where's Jack?" asked Daniel.

"He's gone to call Henley." Merritt answered. 

"Is it weird that I'm nervous, but confident too?" Gen asked as she clamped her hands together. 

"No, it's totally understandable and normal." said Merritt with a smile. Just then Jack and Henley in view.

"Is everything ready guys?" Henley asked as she moved beside Gen. "The helmet and the teleportation machine?"

"Everything's all set." said Daniel.

"I'm nervous." said Jack rubbing the back of his head. "This is my first time performing on a stage."

"Mine too." Gen added looking at Jack. 

"It's time." said Merritt looking out. 

"Let's do it." said Henley with a confident smile. 

"It's showtime people." Gen said smiling her eyes shining from excitement. 

✧✧✧✧

"Merritt McKinney, Daniel Atlas, Genevie Fern, Henley Reeves, Jack Wilder. Arthur Tressler and the MGM Grand proudly presents The Five Horsemen."

The audience cheered as the five entered the stage.

"Thank you," said Merritt to the audience. "Tonight we would like to do something that will," he paused looking for right words. "Well set us a bit apart."

"For our final trick," Gen told the audience "We're gonna do something never before seen on a Las Vegas stage." 

"Or any stage for that matter." said Jack.