~three~

THREE

In the silence of bones and eyes,
magic sits and await for fire.

✧✧✧✧

"Okay, so let's discuss it again, shall we?" said Daniel clamping his hands together to the other four horsemen, as he shifted a little forward in his seat.  The five horsemen were in the private plane headed to Paris to work the plan they had planned out over the last few months.

"We have discussed it a million time, Danny." said Gen, frustration dripping from her tone. She leaned back in her seat and glanced out of the plane window into the clouds, before bringing her eyes back to Daniel. 

"Yeah, but I don't want any of you messing it up," said Daniel. "so we will discuss it again. Henley?"

"I'll get his measurements." She said in tried tone.

"Merritt?" 

"Hypnotize him." Merritt answered without taking his eyes of the magazine he was reading. 

"Jack will steal his wallet for his credit card," said Gen in a monotone voice. "and I'll leave the flyer."

"Good." said Daniel. 

"What is the name of this french man again?" Jack asked. 

"Ettiene Forcier." Henley answered in a mocking french accent. 

"I always wanted to go to Paris." said Gen excitedly. "But never had the chance. One of my dreams is to yell from the top of the Eiffel Tower."

"But we're not going on a vacation, Gen." said Daniel. "Try to hold your excitement back."

"And the mood-spoiler is back." said Merritt his eyes still on the magazine. 

The rest of the way Daniel and Merritt bickered, while Jack kept playing with his cards, and Henley and Gen talked about Paris and it's fashion. 

A lot had changed since the first time they met in the rundown apartment where they were made a team. It has been ten months, and they were like a family now, a misfit family, but still a family. Jack had become like a younger brother to Gen, while Henley became her best friend. The red head was like a sister to her, and Merritt, well, he was her crime-partner. 

Daniel was a different case. In high school, Gen never likeed him because of his arrogant attitude, but back then she never knew him. Now, he was a family to her. Their relationship has improved a lot, and there was sure something between them, maybe an understanding. He was still a control freak, and sometimes a dick. Daniel was more than a brother or best friend. He was something else, and Gen hadn't figured it out yet. 

✧✧✧✧

"I can see the Eiffel Tower from here." Gen gushed as her eyes admired the sight in front of her. 

"Very nice, but focus on the task at hand Gen." Daniel said through the earpiece. "And don't screw it up. Same goes for you Jack."

"Oh, shut up Mr. I-have-to-control-everything." Gen snapped, as her eyes glared at the raven haired man leaning on the railing a few feet away. 

"I'm just trying make sure none of you screw up the plan." He hisses from the earpiece. 

"Okay, lovebirds, now shut up." said Merritt breaking the fight. "I see the french dude coming your way, Gen." 

It was like a switch, and Gen turned serious. Swiftly standing up from the bench with her phone to the ear, Gen started talking rapidly to the non-existent person on the other end. She walked directly in his direction, and bumped into Etienne rather roughly, sending her flyer of their show and phone to the ground. 

"je suis vraiment désolé" She apologized in French, as the Etienne bend down to pick up her phone and hand it back to her. 

"Merci." She gave him one of her charming smiles, before rushing to their meeting spot, ignoring the shouts of the man for her flyer. 

"Nice accent." Merritt complemented.

"Thanks." Gen said brightly. 

"Okay, now I'm heading toward him." said Merritt. 

Gen could see Merritt walk up the stairs from the corner of her eyes. He muttered something  like 'Las Vegas' in the target's ear, and before the Frenchman could make out what was happening, Merritt was gone. 

Her eyes followed the movements of Daniel as he carefully jogged up the stairs, casually flicking the poker chip in the air and catching it in front of Etienne's face, before continuing his way up the stairs. 

The man glanced over his shoulder before focusing back in front of him. Just as he was about to turn around the corner, Henley getting his measurements, and apologizing him in french. 

"Alright, Jack." said Daniel through the earpiece. "You're up."

Gen couldn't see Jack, as they were around the corner. 

"I got it." Jack's voice said through the earpiece a minute later.

"Well done, Robin hood." said Gen, a smile evident on her face. 

"Alright everyone." said Daniel. "Let's meet in the hotel."

✧✧✧✧

Gen blinked in the dark, and blinked again. Her heart was thumping in her chest, and she felt she could hear her own heartbeat. She was currently laying beside Daniel underneath a pile of  money in a truck. While discussing the plan, Gen joked about hiding underneath the money, but she didn't know that they would take it seriously. And now she was stuck under the money with Daniel alongside her. 

She closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. Suddenly she felt Daniel take her hand and her cheeks turned red from the close contact. 

"You're fine." He said in her ear in a soothing voice. He had felt the panic rising in the chest and decided to calm her. 

Gen nodded and focused on the feeling of his hand in her. 

"Okay guys, I have stopped the van." said Merritt in the earpiece. 

Gen took out the needle from her pocket and struck the guard with it, causing him to become unconscious. They heard the thud of the guard falling down and pushed the doors above her open,  causing the money thumbing down around them. 

"This is the last time I'm sticking under some pile of money." Gen muttered as the door of the van opened and Henley, along with Jack and Merritt appeared. 

"Okay let's get the work done." said Daniel.

They all started to transfer the real money in the bags and loaded the fake money in the van. After the work was done, Merritt performed hypnosis on the driver and the van went on its way. And before they knew it was already time to get back to America and prepare for their show.

✧✧✧✧

"I thought robbing a bank would make me panic or worry," said Gen grinning from her seat on the plane. "But damn, it feels so good. I feel like a badass!"

"Oh we all do." said Henley smiling. 

"I can finally say I robbed a bank." said Jack.

"Come Danny, aren't you even a little proud of us?" Gen asked to the dark haired man sitting beside her. "We didn't screw up anything and everything went according to the plan."

"Oh, I am proud of you all." said Daniel sincerely. "Everyone did a good job."

"Did sun rise from west today?" Merritt joked with amused smile on his face. 

Everyone laughed as Daniel rolled his eyes, but nonetheless smiled.