[7] Is this the real life?

This special chapter gives you an insight into Y/Ns life, and will provide some background information for the story later. Enjoy.

Y/N sighed as she walked to school, heavy bag in her back. It was mid-November, and she stepped on the last of the fallen, crunchy leaves as she walked on the sidewalk. The air was crisp and cool. Although she was wearing a jacket, the Canadian wind seemed to blow right through it, and she shivered.

While sitting though a boring English class, she looked outside the window as small flakes began to fall. While the snow was beautiful, she knew it would be a pain to walk back home later.

As she watched the snowflakes spiral, she thought about all her friends. Y/N was an extremely shy person, especially with people she didn't know. She had social anxiety, and she always felt like people just talked to her to be nice, and that they didn't want to be friends. She had intrusive thoughts that all her friends hated her all the time, so she pushed any she had away.
With her online minecraft friends, things were different. She knew that if any of them didn't actually want to be friends with her, they could just do it, and it wouldn't be a big deal. She was also more confident over the internet, and that's was because no one could see her face, and she had a long time to figure out her replies, to find the perfect words.
As she began to daydream, she thought of all her friends, and knew that the first thing she wanted to do when she got home would be to play Minecraft. But since that wouldn't be for another 4 hours, she sighed, and snuck her phone out.

Messages
Bathtub 🛁

Hey best frennnn

Aren't you in school right now?

YES BORING CLASS SOS

Cant help you man, I'm in
the same boat :(

HA TUBBOAT

you spin me right round
baby right round like a
record baby right round
right round

Thank you for entertaining me
My day is going better now :D

Happy to help!!

~~time skip: end of school day~~

Y/N had suffered the long walk through the snow, and threw herself onto her bed. She made herself a lovely cup of hot chocolate, and sat it beside her PC as she started it up. She texted the Minecraft group chat to see if anyone wanted to play.

Minecraft Buddies 🎮

Y/N ✨👍
Anyone up to play?

Green Boy 🐸
Oh! I was going to ask you
Do you want to do a manhunt
video? with George and Sapnap too?

The Child 🍼
HEY DREAM YOU NEVER
ASKED ME IM FREE

Green Boy 🐸
Tommy, you don't even
speed run. Y/N does.

Gogy 👓
I'm up for it Dream and Y/N

Snapmap 🤠
Me too!

Y/N ✨👍
I'm so down!
Oh and you can always
watch my stream, Tommy 😌

Y/N hadn't told anyone, but she was really freaking out. It was her first collab with the Dream team, and she couldn't wait. As usual, she updated the Twitter.

Y/N
@(y/n)islost
Special collab coming out soon! Can't wait!!
Oh and thanks so much for 300k on twitch!!

Y/N was shocked at how many followers she had. She felt like she had just hit 10k, and she had grown so fast, with help from her amazing friends online.
I'm not going to cry... she thought to herself, but it was too late. A single tear rolled down her cheek, a tear of joy.

If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! It's free... thanks 👍✨