The Quarter Quell Reaping

3rd Person
Finnick and Callie Odair were sitting with Mags and Annie waiting for the Quarter Quell announcement. When the TV came on they watched anxiously to see how many they would be mentoring this year, when President Snow said, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the 75th year...of the Hunger Games. It was written in the charter of the games that every twenty-five years there will be a Quarter Quell. Now, on this the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion we celebrate the third Quarter Quell.
As a reminder, that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of the Capitol. On this, the third Quarter Quell game, the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each district."
"No!" Callie screamed as she buried her head head into her brother's neck.
"Shh." Finnick whispered as he tried to calm down his younger sister.

It was a while later, Mags and Annie had gone home to give the siblings some time to process this news. There was a knock on the door and Finnick went to answer it.
"Haymitch Abernathy, sober, on my front porch, after that announcement, I'm surprised." Finnick said. "Come on in."
"How's Callie doing with all of this?" Haymitch asked. "Not great, she knows she's going back in because she won't let Mags or Annie go back in." Finnick responded. Haymitch nodded in response.
"So I've come with a proposal for you and Cal, so if you could go get her we can talk." Haymitch said.
A few minutes later they were all seated at the table.
"Okay, I know how much you two hate the capital, and my tributes started the rebellion last year, we continue it in the games this year. We have spy's inside the capital and one of them happens to be head game maker Plutarch Hevansbee. District 13 still exists underground and they are the leaders of the rebellion. Katniss and Peeta are the face of it. In the arena I need you to keep the star crossed lovers alive at all costs, kill all if the threats and destroy the arena, and we can get you all out alive and to the safety of district 13. So what do you say?"
Callie and Finnick look at each other and both respond, "We're in."
"Who else is in this alliance?" Callie asked. "Just so I can get acquainted with them, and try to trust them... especially the men." She mumbled that last part but Haymitch and Finnick both still heard it. They knew what she's gone through and it hurts them both.
"You both are already close with Johanna Mason, so that's good. The others are Blight, the Morphlings, Wiress and Beetee, or as Johanna calls them Nuts and Volts, and Mags and Annie are both aware, as well as myself, Effie, and Cinna. Peeta and Katniss do not know and it needs to stay that way."
"Okay", Callie said shakily as Finnick pulled her into his lap to help calm her down. "I know of Blight because he is Jo's district partner, and I've spoken to Nuts and Volts a few times but I don't know Peeta at all. I'll try, I'll really try but I don't know if I can." She stated as a tears started rolling down her cheeks.
Haymitch nodded and took this as his sign to leave. "See you and team Mockingjay in the capital." He said as he let himself out.

Time skip to district 12's floor in the capital after the tributes have arrived.

Haymitch POV:
"I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the games. Last year was child's play. This year you're dealing with all experienced killers."
"Alright. What does that mean for us?" Peeta asks.
"That means you're gonna have to have some allies."
"Okay. I think that if..." Peeta started.
"Woh. You're not the problem." Pointing to Katniss.
"No." Katniss firmly stated.
"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years."
"That just put us higher in their kill list." Katniss grumbled.
"Do it your own way, but I know these people. You go it alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down. Both of you."
"Katniss, come on." Peeta pleaded.
Katniss hesitates a moment and says, "How could any of us even trust each other?"
"It's not about trust, it's about staying alive."
I start the films of the reapings to get them ready and maybe even try to persuade them.

"Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister, District 1. They won back to back games. Capitol favorites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal."

"District 2, the other half of the career pack? Brutus and Enobaria."
"What's with her teeth?" Katniss asked in shock.
"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people throats out."
"She's committed, I'll give her that." Peeta jokes, trying to ease the tension in the room.

"District 3, Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters but brilliant and weird. Real tech savvy. He won his games by electrocuting six tributes at once."

"District 6, The Morphlings. Masters of camouflage. Basically won their games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self medicating ever since, which I applaud. Not a threat."

"Moving on to District 4."
"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss questioned.
"Yes, he won his games at fourteen. Youngest ever. Extremely humble."
"You're kidding?" Katniss asked dumbfounded.
"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock, a total preener. But he's the Capitol darling, they love him here. Charming, smart and very skilled in combat, especially in water."
"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asked.
"One; His sister Callie Odair." Pointing to the young girl who volunteered.
"She volunteered for Mags. Mags was their mentor and basically raised them, their parents died during her brother's games in a nasty boating accident. She is also the youngest tribute this year at 16, she is also a capital favorite."
"Great, the fuck boi siblings of the capital. A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it, and when it really comes down to it he won't protect her." Katniss scoffed
"Well, Katniss, I just hope that if she goes, she goes quickly. She's actually, a really sweet kid, I'd suggest trying to make her an ally."
"What are her specialties, how did she win her games?" Peeta asked, taking Haymitch's recommendation.
"She won the 73rd games, shortest on record only lasting three days, due to the arena which was a frozen tundra, in a massive blizzard. Most tributes died from element exposure. She killed the whole career pack at once, she found a frozen lake, and lit a fire on it to lure the careers, the fire weakened the ice and they all fell in. Like her brother also very skilled in water, her weapons of choice are knives and katana."
"Okay, I'll try to get her as an ally." Peeta said.
"Word of warning, let her approach you, not the other way around, she is very skittish."

Finnick POV:
I'm holding Callie in the bathroom as she is shaking. She's throwing up out of fear after we watched the reapings. I know why, it's because of Gloss.
Flashback
I knew why president Snow asked to see her, he asked the same from me when I turned sixteen, he wants to sell her body, this is going to break her. I've been crying I just hope that she is okay. It's 2 am and I'm worried, she's not home yet, I'm about to call Johanna when a drunk Haymitch stumbles through the front door, with Callie in his arms wrapped in blankets. "I ffound her bbeatenn on the stttreet." Haymitch slurred.
Haymitch stumbled back out, I picked up my traumatized little sister and just held her to my chest whispering calming things and singing a lullaby that our mother sang to us when we were kids. She then threw up all over herself and I. I took her to the bathroom and started a bath for her. I called Johanna, "Get over here now, hurry, snow forced her into it and it's bad. I need help because I don't know what to do. Please Jo."
"I'm on my way be there in 30 minutes." Johanna said urgently. Callie hadn't said a word. I get a wet cloth and wipe the vomit from her body and gently placed her in the bath. Johanna appeared in the doorway, "Oh My God, Cal."
She was covered in bruises and hickies, she also had this vacant look in her eye.
I looked back at Jo and got up to go talk to her in the hall.
"I don't know how to help her, and this can't happen again."
Jo looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "I'll take care of Callie while you clean up the vomit, shower, and talk to Snow. We will figure this out."
"Ok, that sounds like a plan."
Johanna eventually got it out of her that it was Gloss who did this to her. I also took double the clients just to protect Callie.

"You feeling better?"
"Yeah." Callie breathed as she stopped shaking.
"You know that I will always love and protect you right?" As I kissed her head.
"I love you too Finn. Can you stay with me tonight please?... I don't want to be alone." Callie mumbled the last part.
"Of course Cal."