Night 1

Callie POV:

I wake up with a dull ache in my legs and as I sit up I see two people by my side, neither of which are my brother. Then it hits me, Cashmere stabbed me, and I'm not with the part of the alliance that I'm supposed to be with. The two least likely people rescued me. I'm with the Morphlings.
"Don't freak out, please." She tells me and I nod. "We will help you camouflage, and then we will split, to try and find Finnick or Johanna. We have your weapons for you, and when we split, you and I go together and he will go alone."
"Ok, so let's get started" I say as I get up.
Once we are all covered in dirt, mud, grass, and leaves, we split up.
"The goal is to find Finnick, or Johanna." He says as I nod.
As the sun sets, we gear up and split to cover more ground.

Time skip

Finnick POV:
I still can't believe that Callie is dead. I did everything I could to protect her but it wasn't enough. She is the only part of the alliance who is dead. I promised her that I wouldn't let anything happen to her and I broke it. She died. I'm glad that the fallen haven't been shown in the sky tonight because I don't think that I could handle seeing her face up there.
I'm brought out of my thoughts by Katniss warning Peeta about the mutts that are slowly surrounding us, "Peeta, walk over here slowly." She says. Peeta looks up and is face to face with a mutt that resembles a monkey. That's when all hell breaks loose. I'm cornered by four monkeys and I want them to overpower me so badly but I can't let them. I have to protect Katniss and Peeta, find Johanna and then I have to avenge Callie's death. I have to kill Cashmere and Gloss. As I finish fighting off the monkeys around me I go to help a struggling Katniss who is being pinned under water by one of the monkeys. I stab my trident through it, which kills it instantly.
I help Katniss up and we rush over to Peeta who is still fighting off monkeys.
"Peeta!" Katniss screams as a monkey lunges at Peeta.
That's when the male Morphling jumps out of the brush to take the hit and kill the monkey.
As Katniss and Peeta drag the dying Morphling to the beach for him to die in peace, I stay behind to collect Katniss' arrows. I think to myself two alliance members are now dead.

Male Morphling POV:

I've found them. They are fighting off monkey mutts. Do I help or do I wait?
I wait because there are only a few mutts left when I see a monkey lunge at Peeta.
We can't let him die, so I jump out to take the hit as well as stabbing the mutt.
I know that I just took a fatal hit, but I need to tell Finnick, but as soon as I open my mouth, Katniss and Peeta are dragging me to the beach while Finnick stays behind.
I'm in the water with them, I know I'm dying and they do too.
Peeta looks me in the eye and I take it as my opportunity.
With my last bit of strength, I croak, "She's okay, she's with my district partner."
I take one last look at him then I'm engulfed by a white light.

Peeta POV:
"She's okay, she's with my district partner." He strains before dying.
I hear a cannon which signifies his death, as Katniss and I set him afloat.
I'm now sitting on the beach while Katniss is pacing. I can't stop thinking about the Morphling though. I think he sacrificed himself for me. Why though? What did those last words mean? "She's okay" . Then it dawns on me.
Callie!
Finnick comes out of the jungle with our weapons, he lays them down, and then sits down next to me. I watch him as he is digging his trident into the sand. I know he's mourning his sister but does he need to?
"Hey Finnick." I say to catch his attention.
"Yes." He responds.
"The Morphling said something to me, he said, "She's okay, she's with my district partner." Could he have been talking about Callie?" I ask him.
Finnick's face changes emotions and said, "Yes, he could have been talking about Callie." He says with a smile. "I made a deal with districts 3, and 6 because I already know that Johanna will protect her. The deal was that if I left them alone, they would protect her if we get separated."
"We just have to wait." I nodded.

Finnick POV:

It was late and the capital music started to play. I didn't want to get my hopes up, because there was a slim chance that my sister was still alive. To my surprise the first faces up there were both district 5 tributes. As the faces flash through the sky I see that Johanna is still alive to. The only part of the alliance that we have lost is the male Morphling.
I let out a muffled sob as Katniss walks over to me. She puts her hand on my shoulder and says, "I'm glad she's alive. I'm sorry about what I've said about Callie, I was scared of her because I thought she was a threat, because she is mentally unstable from what I've seen. I was out of line and tomorrow I say we go look for her."
I look at her and say, "Thank you, that means a lot. I also understand why you thought she was a threat, she is mentally unstable sometimes, but she would never hurt anyone."
"I realize that now." She says.
"Also if you don't mind me asking, why is she so unstable? Haymitch mentioned something to us about not approaching her."
"It's okay" I answer. "She wasn't always like this, it's only been the pas six months." I sigh as tears start rolling down my cheeks.
"She was raped by Gloss in the capital." I say as she wraps her arm around my shoulders and pulls me into a hug. "Haymitch is the one who found her that night and brought her home."
"I knew some one had forced her into it, because when she was 14 she came out to me as lesbian. I would do anything to take her pain away."
"I understand" Katniss says. "Prim is fifteen and I would do anything to protect her too. If Callie is the one who gets out of here alive I want her to meet Prim, they would get along great and I know that Prim likes her."
"Thank you." I say "really".
There are then a number of lightning strikes on the other side of the arena. "I counted 12" Katniss says. "Midnight?" I guess. "Number of districts?" She questions. We look at each other and shrug.
For the rest of the night we sat there in silence.

Johanna POV:

We are all awake anxiously waiting for the names in the sky. I don't want to see Callie up there but we need to know who is dead.
The capital music starts and the first ones are the tributes from district 5.
"Callie's alive." I say as I look at my alliance.
"How?" Blight asks to no one in particular.
"Some one must have saved her." Beetee comments. "But who?"
"I don't know and I don't care but we need to find her before the Careers do" I say.
We call it a night while Blight takes the first watch.