Day 2

A/N: Hey everyone I hope you're enjoying this fic! Just as an FYI the events in this chapter will be slightly out of order just to fit my story line.

Callie POV:
Last night was hell. What we thought was rain was actually blood, hot, thick blood. That flooded the area. We got out of it by spending the night in a tree with large leaves to protect us from the blood rain.
We are looking for food and water because we haven't eaten and are extremely dehydrated.
"There!" The Morphling exclaims as she is pointing to a tree.
I look up and it's a coconut palm.
"It's a coconut palm," I say. "They're from my district, it's a rich fruit with a milky juice."
"It's perfect, but how do we get them down?" She asks me.
"It depends how much you trust a sixteen year old throwing knives." I smile.
She laughs and says, "I trust you."
"Thanks." I say. As I pull her into position under the tree, as I explain the plan to her. "Okay," I say. "Stand right here, look up, and keep your eye on the coconuts. You have to catch them as they they fall so they don't bust."
I back away and throw a knife. I hit the stem and two coconuts fall and are caught by the Morphling. We eat and then keep moving. After an hour we stop to rest in a clearing.

Finnick POV:
We are sitting on the beach strategizing on the plan to find Callie, when we see three red things stumbling onto the beach.
"Some one's here." Katniss whispers as she picks up an arrow.
The tallest figure yells "WE GET IT TICK TOCK!"
I know that voice anywhere and I start running towards her "Johanna!" I yell.
Her head pops up in surprise, "Finnick?!" She yells in return.
I engulf her in a hug when I realize she iscovered in blood, "Jo, what happened?" I asked as I watched Katniss and Peeta help Wiress and Beetee into the water to help them clean off the blood.
"We thought it was rain," she said as we walked into the water. "We were so thirsty but it was hot, thick blood, we were choking and blind because the blood burned our eyes. That's when Blight hit the force field, he wasn't much but he was from home."
We sat in silence for a few minutes as she finished washing off. We knew what each other was thinking. Where was Callie? We started walking out when a cannon blasted. I just hugged Johanna like my life depended on it as I let my tears fall.

Katniss POV:

Wiress, Beetee, Peeta, and I are resting on the beach when a cannon sounds. We watch as the hovercraft picks up dismantled body parts.
"What ever happens I don't want to go out like that." Peeta jokes trying to lighten the mood.
"Not the time Peeta." I say, as I watch Finnick break down in Johanna's arms.
Eventually Johanna comes to join us as Finnick picks up his trident and starts to fish.
"Are you guys okay?" I ask Johanna.
"I don't know." She says. "It was a female body that was just taken out. I'm worried too. He's my best friend and she's like a little sister to me. I can't cry in front of him because I'm the only one holding him together."
"I understand, I don't know what I would do if I lost Prim." I say as Johanna sheds a tear but quickly wipes it away as Finnick comes back with fish.
We sit in a comfortable silence eating when I heard a voice scream, "Katniss, Help!"
I get up and run after it, "Prim" I scream. As I look around in a clearing.
Finnick runs up behind me saying, "It's not real, they're just...", he was cut off by another scream. "No, no, no, you can't make me, stop, please, Finnick! Help! STOP!" It cries.
"CALLIE!" Finnick sobs.
"Finnick," I say trying to calm him down as birds fly overhead. "Remember they're not real."
"Katniss, those are jabber-jays, they copy." He cries. As the rest of our alliance comes into view but they are blocked by a force field. Then it hits me we're stuck here.

Finnick POV:

I see Johanna pounding on the force field, crying, and Peeta looking at Katniss and I with worry.
Johanna knows why Callie was screaming, I do too, we all know but we don't want to admit it.
The birds start to surround me and diving down screaming, "STOP" "PLEASE" "FINNICK" "HELP" in a panicked voice that is crying. I'm sobbing and they repeat on and endless loop for what feels like days.
I'm eventually engulfed by Johanna, who is crying. She doesn't show emotions,and I know she's trying to stay strong for me.
"Hey Snow, how about we set your backyard on fire!" Johanna yells as everyone looks at her quizzically. "What? He's hurt or killed everyone that I love."
We go back to the beach to rest. Beetee says that Wiress is in shock because she keeps repeating "Tic Tock" trying to get people to understand her.
I can't focus on much all I can think about is Callie. I can't live without her.
I'm snapped out of when Katniss exclaims, "It's a clock! The arena's a clock!"
I give a small smile and say "Wiress, you're a genius."
As we are listing through the sectors we've been through a tsunami rips through a sector which raises the tide along the whole beach.
A cannon sounds as we see a body floating in the water get picked up by a hover craft.
It's female which means if that wasn't Callie she's now alone.
"There!" Peeta shouts and points to the cornucopia.
I see it, it's a female with blonde hair. Johanna sees it too.
"Callie!" I yell as I start running towards her, with Johanna hot on my heels, as the rest of our alliance is close behind.
When we get there I kneel down, she's breathing but she's struggling. I know what I have to do, we are trained for this in district 4. She's drowning internally.
"Katniss, Johanna, I need your help. I need one of you to prop her up, and one of you to stabilize her shoulder." I say as they nod and do what I ask.
I slam my fist into her chest and my elbow into her stomach. Which causes her to start coughing up water. She is gasping for air as she starts to open her eyes.

Callie POV:

We are in the clearing talking. I learn that her name is Paige,and what life is like in district 6. It's almost like it's a normal day.
We hear a large rush of water that keeps getting louder.
We both feel it, we know that we have a very slim chance of surviving what ever this is.
I engulf her in a hug and tell her, "Thank you Paige, for everything. You saved me when you didn't have to. You risked your life for me. I will forever be grateful. Neither of us will die in vain." She nods and says, "You're a survivor Callie, you'll live."
That's when we see the wave coming over the trees and we start to run.
We try to out run it but it's just too fast. We are swallowed up by the water. I keep trying to swim to the top but the current keeps pushing me back down. My lungs are burning and I start to loose conciseness.
I come to when I hit the ground, and fiery pain shoots through my shoulder. I'm not strong enough to open my eyes and I can't get enough air. That's when I hear some one yelling my name, "Callie!" It's Finnick, he found me. He stars telling the others what to do. I know what he's about to do, we learn this technique in district 4, so I brace myself for impact. He strikes me and I start coughing up water. I'm gasping for air as I feel Finnick pull me into his lap and run his fingers through my hair. I start to open my eyes, as I look up I see finnick smiling with tears rolling down his cheeks. I smile in return and manage to whisper "Finnick."

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you all are staying safe. I love comments, they keep me motivated! Don't forget to vote!
Thanks!