Tributes

Callie's POV:

My stylist just finished with my costume for the tribute parade and I hate it, I'm too exposed. I don't see Finn so I go over to Johanna.
"Looks like both of our stylists are idiots!" Jo says to me.
"You look like a tree and I look like a fish."
"Both of us look hideous, but we look better than your brother." Johanna laughed. "Speaking of your brother you might need to go rescue the girl on fire from him."
"I think you're right Jo, I'll see you later."

"Katniss" Finnick says as he approaches her.
"Hello, Finnick" Katniss said.
"Do you want a sugar cube?" Finnick asked.
"I mean it's supposed to be for the horses but...I mean who cares about them, right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I, well if we see something sweet you better grab it." Finnick smirks.
"No, thanks. But I would love to borrow that outfit someday." Katniss sneered.
"You look pretty terrifying in that get-up. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?" Finnick questioned.
"I outgrew them." Katniss snapped.
"You certainly did." Finnick teased.
"That's enough Finnick, quit being annoying."
Finnick eats his hand full of sugar cubes.
"That's disgusting."
"I'm sorry Katniss, I'm Callie Odair, district four , I see you have met my charming older brother."
"Yes, I have." Katniss responded not quite sure about the young girl in front of her.
"I keep telling people that he's from District 10 because if he keeps eating like an animal, he should go live with them!"
Katniss chuckled as Finnick glared at his sister. Peeta walked over amused at the scene in front of him and decided that now would be a good time to introduce himself .
"Hi, I'm Peeta" He said.
He and Katniss both witnessed Callie freeze almost in a panic like state, Finnick instantly pulled her behind him and put out his hand and said, "Finnick and Callie Odair." As he shook hands with Peeta.

3rd POV:

Haymitch is watching the whole exchange mumbling "Damn it, kid I told you not to directly approach her."
"Well, Katniss, Peeta we must be going, we hope to speak to you again." Finnick said as he turned around and pulled his sister behind him as a concerned looking Johanna followed.
Katniss and Peeta shared a look as they were walking over to Haymitch.
"Haymitch did you see that? That was weird." Katniss said.
"Peeta I told you not to approach her for reasons and darn good ones." Haymitch scolded.
"So whats wrong with her?" Katniss asked as she looked over at Finnick and Johanna attempting to snap this kid out of some kind of trance.
"It's not my place to say, let's just say that she was put in a bad situation in the hands of the capital and one of the male careers in here and it traumatized her." Haymitch said.
Peeta and Katniss shared a horrified look as they realized what their mentor was implying.
"Tributes mount up! Tributes mount up!" The arena announcer cheered.
The crowd cheered as the tributes rode by and went crazy when the star crossed lovers rode in on fire.

Time skip ** to training

Callie's POV:
"Are you sure you are going to be okay?" Finnick asked.
"Yes Finn, I'll be fine. I'm going to go talk to Wiress, Beetee and Peeta and maybe I can teach you a skill other than that giant fork you call a trident."
"Hey, I like my trident, don't insult it." My brother said as we walked into the training center.
Walking into the training center I saw that the tributes I wanted to get to know were in the survival area so I went over to that section while Finn went to the tridents.
Peeta was trying some camouflage techniques so I decided to start there.
"You really do look like a tree Peeta."
"You really think so." Peeta said as he looked up, shocked to see Callie standing in front of him.
"Yeah, maybe you could teach me? In return I could teach you how to use a sword or something?"
"Sure, that would be great!" Peeta responded.
After a while of working with Peeta I saw Katniss go over to Nuts and Volts. So I followed.

3rd POV:
Katniss notices how quick Gloss is with his weapons, then she watches Johanna with her axe, she walks past Enobaria training fiercely, then she notices Beetee trying to show Wiress how to start a fire with a piece of wood, with Callie observing looking skeptical about approaching them, she walks over to meet them.
"Friction generates heat, heat generates fire. And here it..." Beetee says.
"You should move your hands downward... and faster too." Katniss suggests as she moves her hands to show them.
She sits down to join them, Beetee tries to do as she instructed and manages to make the piece of wood start smoking as Callie comes over quietly and sits next to Katniss.
"I love a brute force." Wiress says.
"It's always helpful." Beetee responds.
Beetee smiles at Katniss and says "Thank you."
Wiress looks up and notices something.
"By the corner of the table." Wiress points
They look up and see Plutarch and the other Gamemakers in their station watching them.
"Plutarch?" Katniss questions.
"No, next to him." Wiress said.
"It's a force field." Callie says as she speaks up for the first time.
"How do you know?" Katniss asked
"A shimmering, top left hand side."  Callie answers.
Beetee moves Katniss' face slightly so that she can see the force field.
"There. You see it?" Beetee asks.
"Looks like glass." Katniss comments
"To separate us and them." Says Wiress
"Probably my fault, I shot an arrow at them last year." Katniss scoffed.
"Ahh, electromagnetic." Beetee sighed.
"How can you tell?" Katniss questions.
Beetee and Wiress start to laugh as Callie gives a small smile.
"Is that...is that obvious or something?" Katniss asks confused.
Beetee and Wiress continue to laugh.
"You might as well have a sign." Wiress chuckled.
"Look around you. All the holograms, the lights, every now and then they flicker, why?" Beetee asks.
"Because the force field is taking up too much energy." Katniss realized.
"There's always a flaw in the system." Beetee says.
Katniss then follows Callie to the fishhook station. They work quietly for a few minutes before Katniss says, "That's beautiful. I saw you volunteer for Mags, you didn't have to do that but you did, why?"
"You volunteered to save your family, and I volunteered to save mine." Callie said.
Katniss looked at her shocked realizing that she and her brother really do care about each other. As Finnick comes to join them.
"Hey Cal, how ya doing, you feeling ok?"Finnick asked as he pulled his sister into a hug.
"I'm ok, I think... he keeps looking at me though." She mumbled.
Katniss took that as her cue to leave.
"I'll always protect you Callie" Finnick said

When training was over Katniss and Peeta were on their floor when Haymitch approached them.
"Good news. At least half of the tributes wants you as an ally." Haymitch says
"Well, they saw her shoot." Peeta exclaims.
"Well, sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter." Haymitch smirked.
"I want Wiress and Beetee." Katniss says immediately.
"Johanna calls them Nuts and Volts. And I want Callie as an ally."
"Well, okay, good. Now who-who else?" Haymitch questions. "And you get Finnick too if you want Callie."
"Absolutely not! I don't trust Finnick at all, and Callie is sweet but she's too unstable to kill anyone, think logically she won't survive the blood bath, or she will lose it and kill us all." Katniss gripes.
"Katniss, don't say that, she's dangerous when she wants to be and is in complete control of her self ." Peeta said. "She changed when she was teaching me to use a sword she was confident you could see it in her eyes."
"Alright, fine, then no one." Katniss grumbled and walked off.
"I'll tell them you're still making up your mind." Haymitch yelled, then looked at Peeta and quietly said, "I'll get you Callie because you're right about her, she does change, I haven't seen her like that in a few months but I saw what you did today, the old Callie came back. But you get Finnick too, he won't let Callie go alone."
"Tell them we accept their offer." Peeta says confidently.

Time skip to assessment day:

The tributes are gathered in one area to be called in for assessment when the first one is announced.
"District 3. Beetee Latier, report for individual assessment." The announcer calls.
District 4. Callie Odair, report for individual assessment." The announcer calls.
Finnick gets up with her, engulfs her in a hug and says, "you're strong Cal, show them what you're made of." Before kissing the top of her head.
When Callie walked in she said, "Callie Odair, District 4."
"You have 10 minutes to present your chosen skill"  Plutarch says.
She grabbed a rope, berry juice, a katana, 3 belts of knives, and a mannequin.
She quickly threw all of her knives into the wall behind her, they looked erratically thrown but she would get back to those later. On the mannequin she wrote Snow in berry juice and hung it from the ceiling. She then used her katana and severed the body from the head yelling, "This is for what you did to my family!", just leaving the head on the rope. She picks up the berry juice and walks over to the wall where her knives are imbedded, dips her fingers into the juice and writes, You've tried to kill me twice and failed so you try again but this time I kill you!, she writes connecting all of the knives. Then with out turning around she throws the last knife behind her and it sinks into the center of the severed head. At that she leaves.
As she walks out her eyes are cold, she hugs her brother and whispers, "Give them hell Finn."

"Peeta, how are we gonna kill these people?" Katniss asked Peeta as Callie sat back down to wait for Finnick.

Later, Katniss is the last one left and is sat on her own when her name is called.
"District 12. Katniss Everdeen, report for individual assessment." The announcer calls.
As Katniss makes her way to the assessment area she passes Peeta who gives her funny look, as she walks further in she finds a drawing on the floor of a dead Rue, holding flowers, and sees a message on the wall that looks like it's written in blood.
"Miss Everdeen?" Plutarch says.
Katniss looks visibly shaken and upset, tears roll down her face.
"Miss Everdeen?" Plutarch repeats.
Katniss looks over to Plutarch who is standing in the Gamemakers station.
"You have ten minutes to present your chosen skill." Plutarch says.
She looks at the drawing of Rue one more time before taking a mannequin, a rope and hanging it by the neck before the Gamemakers as she notices a severed head with a knife in it hanging as well, she bows sarcastically making Plutarch smile, as walks off the gamemakers see she wrote "Seneca Crane" on the chest of the mannequin.

"I saw what you did in there" Finnick said to Callie, "It was brilliant."