The Interviews

3rd POV:
"You look beautiful Callie"  Finnick says as his sister walks backstage.
"Thanks Finn, you clean up nice too" Callie laughed.

Backstage Cinna helps Katniss get ready.
"A wedding dress?" Katniss questioned.
"President Snow insisted, but I made a few alterations." Cinna said as he smiled. As he shows her the wedding dress he's prepared for her to wear; back on stage Flickerman interviews Gloss and Cashmere.
"You are two of the four who made the Games a family affair, you became everyone's brother and sister. I don't know how we're going to let you go." Caesar  gushed as he puts the microphone to Gloss' mouth.
"We're not going by choice." Gloss says to the audience.
"You are our family, and I don't see how anyone can love us better." Gloss chimes as the crowd claps.
"So sweet. So sweet." Caesar awes as Cashmere as she starts to cry.
"Are you alright, dear?" Caesar questions.
"I'm sorry." Cashmere sobs.
Caesar Flickerman: That's alright.
"I just can't stop crying." Cashmere sniffs.
As Katniss watches the interview backstage on the monitor as Cinna helps her get dressed she says, "God, does anybody actually believe this?"
"Apparently everybody." Haymitch says as he points to Octavia and Flavius who are crying as they watch Cashmere.
"She is very good. Look even the Odair's their crying too." Effie sighs.
Haymitch starts to walk over to Finnick as Katniss leans over and whispers to Peeta, "I told you she's not mentally stable."

"Finnick, I can't go back out there, I can't, I'm scared." Callie says to her brother as a tear rolls down her cheek.
"It's going to be okay Cal, it will be just like any other interview Flickerman does with you, he's going to ask you to sing, and ask you a question, just like always." Finnick reassures his sister.
"Your brother is right," Haymitch says as he puts a comforting hand on Callie's shoulder. "You can do it, but here's a piece of advice, these victors are angry just like you two, they'll say anything to try and stop the games. I suggest you do the same." He says as he walks back to his tributes.
"Why are you helping them?" Katniss grumbled as Haymitch walked back to his tributes.
"If only you knew sweetheart." Haymitch replies.
Next on his show, Flickerman interviews Beetee.
"Beetee, you have contributed so much to Panem over the years. I don't know who will we miss more. You or your brain?" Caesar jokes as the audience laughs with him.
"The Quarter Quell were written in the law by man, certainly it can be unwritten." Beetee says confidently.
"Yes, interesting concept." Caesar replies trying to change the topic.
Up next is Finnick. Finnick walks out on stage with a big flirty grin.
"Finnick, I understand that you have a message for somebody out there. A special somebody." Caesar creepily laughs. "Let me hear it."
Finnick looks to the camera and says, "If you dare kill my family, I go with her but only after I get my revenge you sick, twisted bastard."
"Was that a threat Mr. Odair? If so who was it for?" Caesar asked excitedly.
"They know." Finnick says with a dark look in his eye. He got up and walked to the back of the stage to wait for the interviews to end.

"Up next is our Capital sweetheart with the voice of an angel, ladies and gentlemen please welcome Callie Odair!" Caesar cheers
Callie takes a deep breath puts on a fake smile and walks out on stage.
"It's lovely to see you again Callie." Caesar greets.
"You as well Caesar." she replied with a fake smile.
"I happen to have an extra microphone right here, do you have anything prepared?" Caesar asks hopefully.
"As a matter of fact Caesar I do, and just to surprise you it's even an original." Callie says as the crowd gasps with excitement.
Callie picks up the microphone, goes to center stage and says, "This is a song I wrote that shows how I feel about the government throwing me back into these nightmarish games for their entertainment." At this the crowd is silenced in shock, so Callie takes that as her cue to begin.

"I float in a boat
In a raging black ocean
Low in the water
With no where to go
The tiniest lifeboat
With people I know

Cold, clammy, and crowded
The people smell desperate
We'll sink any minute
So someone must go
The tiniest lifeboat
With the people I know

Everyone's pushing
Everyone's fighting
Storms are approaching
There's nowhere to hide
If I say the wrong thing
Or I wear the wrong outfit
They'll throw me right over the side

I'm hugging my knees
And the captain is pointing
Well who made you captain?
Still, the weakest must go
The tiniest lifeboat
Full of people I know
The tiniest lifeboat
Full of people I know"

The audience roared with applause as Callie walked back over to Caesar, handed him the microphone, and walked to the back of the stage without a word.
"Well, that sure was something." Caesar said with a forced smile.

A few interviews later it was time for Johanna.
"We have seen a lot of tears here tonight. But I see no tears in Johanna's eyes. Johanna, you are angry, tell me why?" Caesar asks with a sigh.
"Well, yes, I'm angry. You know, I'm getting totally screwed over here." Screams Johanna.
"Uh-huh." Caesar nods.
"The deal was that if I won The Hunger Games, I get to live the rest of my life in peace. But now you wanna kill me again. Well, you know what? Fuck that! And fuck everybody that had anything to do with it!" Yells Johanna
"Alright then. One winner's opinion." Caesar comments not knowing how to respond.
Changing his mood quickly and smiling at the camera he asks, "Who's next?"

Back stage as Cinna finishes getting Katniss dressed for Flickerman's show, "Alright, now turn around." He says.
As Katniss turns to face him, he says, "I think I'm done."
"Will I be twirling tonight?" Katniss asks.
"Save it for the end." Cinna smiles.
Katniss nods and Effie enters the room
"Is she ready?" Effie asks as Cinna steps aside Effie gets her first look of Katniss in the wedding dress.
"Oh, Katniss." Effie sighs as she walks towards Katniss and takes her hands, "You would've been the most beautiful bride."
"Thank you." Katniss says sadly.
"Let's go show them what real beauty looks like." Effie smiled.

Time Skip to after Katniss's interview

As all of the victors stood united onstage as the crowd was raging chanting "Stop the games, Stop the games!" As the lights shut off and the victors were escorted back to their floors by peacekeepers.
Back on the district 4 floor...
"Come on Cal, you're sleeping with me tonight." Finnick says.
Once they are both cuddled up in bed Callie starts to cry. "Finn, I don't want you say goodbye to you, I don't want to die, what if I start next to Gloss, what if I can't find you, what if you die?" Callie cries into her brother's chest.
"Shhhh, Shhhh" Finnick soothes his sister as tears roll down his face. "It will all work out out in the end, I promise. No one can ever take you from me. I've made deals with our allies to protect you. Even if we do get separated I will find you."
The morning of the games
"Get up and ready!" The district 4 escort shouts.
They got up, ready and said goodbye before being taken to separate hovercrafts.

Callie POV:

I'm seated across from Peeta on the hovercraft along with the male morphling and Wiress. We make eye contact and exchange a silent nod solidifying our alliance. The tracker was injected into my arm.
My stylist gets me dressed and I get into the tube and I begin to rise into the arena.

The song used is Lifeboat by Kevin Murphy and Laurence O'Keefe