8

GEORGE'S POV

"Look i'll tell you all about it when we get there.
Just gather everyone, maybe we can work something out."
I said before hanging up the telephone.

"Well, pack yer things love, we're going to Liverpool."

"Now?" Jo asked confused.

"Yer mom was serious love, we've got to go."
I told her.

I could tell that this whole situation was a lot for her to take in. She probably wishes she could go back in time to change things.

I wished i could go back in time...

After we both packed our stuff we drove off in my car.
It was going to be a 4 hour drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we were driving quietly I suddenly heard Jo sniffling.
She was crying.

"Jo...?" I asked while rubbing my hand reassuringly over her knee.

"Yes..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes..."she lied.

"Are you really though?" I asked.

She just practically lost her mom thanks to me.
Ofcourse she was not okay.

She started crying louder.

"I-i just.. i don't know what to do. I lost my dad and now my mom too. She was all i had.
And now...now i'm on my way to Liverpool with her boyfriend." She cried.

I looked at her. Seeing her cry like that made me want to cry too.

"It's going to be okay love, trust me. I've got some nice family and friends down in Liverpool. They'll take care of you. They'll love you. Just...try and forget about what happened for a while okay? We'll figure it out, i promise." I said.

She nodded.
She grabbed my hand and kissed it gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Were here." I said as i pulled up in my friend John's driveway.

"Were where?" She asked while looking around, scanning her surroundings.

"Liverpool."

"I know, but where?" She asked while rolling here eyes.

I was triggered.

"Don't roll yer eyes at me love. Not in public.." i hissed, earning a sweet, yet devlish little grin from her.

Our about-to-be-heated moment was soon over as one of my friends ran out of John's house.

"Hazza!" He yelled as he ran over to me and hugged me.

"How are ye? And who's your lady friend?" He asked while eyeing Jo.

"I'm fine Richie."
"This is Jo, I'll introduce her to you, let's just get inside first. I guess everyone's here?"

"Yes." He retored while walking back inside.

JO'S POV

As we entered the livingroom i saw 2 other men sitting down on the couch.
They looked oddly familiar to me, i just couldn't quite figure out why.

"Hello, i'm Paul McCartney." One of the men said as he got up from the couch to introduce himself to me.

"I'm John." The other said.

"Oh and this is Richard, but you can just call him Ringo." George said.

"What's yer name?" John asked me.

"It's Jolene, but you can just call me Jo." I said.

"And tell me Jo, how old are ye?" Paul asked.

"17" i retorted.

The three men all looked over at George, raising their eyebrows.

"Anyways George, sit down and tell us why yer here." John asked.

As the four men were in conversation i kept scanning over their faces.
They looked so familiar to me...

Then it hit me.

I nudged George in his side and whispered in his ear: "i need to ask you something."

George excused us and we went to the hallway.

"You told me you were in a band. What was the name?" I asked.

"Well erm, we were called The Beatles." George replied.

"No way..." i spoke in disbelieve.

"But...you were like the most famous band up until 1966 when you just stopped everything you were doing, it was as if you never even existed..."

"How could you not tell me?"

"I didn't think it was necessary, i honestly thought you knew." George retorted.

"I was 10 in 66', i was too busy playing with dolls."

He looked at me, hesitated and then replied:

"Well okay...we loved making music, traveling around the world and stuff, but with that came fame. It just got too much so at one point we decided to take a break and stop touring.
We just never got back to touring...or making music for that matter.
And so i became a teacher, moved to London and met yer mum.
Our lives are pretty normal now, sometimes we still get recognized."

I was feeling so overwhelmed. I had like 3 of their albums. I loved their music, i still do. I just never knew the faces of the people behind the music...

"Let's just get back to the rest shall we, we have other problems to deal with remember? We'll talk about it later." George said as he pulled me back to the livingroom.

"Took you long enough, what'd you do? Shag?" John asked teasingly.

"Sod off Lennon." George said.

After conversating and eventually laughing for a while we had to decide where we were going to stay.
All three of the boys were kind enough to offer us their spare bedroom.
George decided we were going to stay with Paul because he was living alone.
I was relieved, i really liked Paul and so i thought we would get along great!
I wanted to ask him all sorts of questions about music and stuff. Not just Paul for that matter...

Paul and i were chatting again like we did all evening.
He could tell i was feeling left out so he would often be the one to talk to me and ask me questions about me.
When it was time for George and I to drive back to Paul's place he grabbed me forcefully by my arm.
He was seething with jealousy.

"Maybe we shouldn't stay at Paul's place, he was drooling all over ye."