15

Two weeks later, the day Before Jo's birthday

JO'S POV

After the night of the...paul incident i hadn't seen Paul very much.
The day after the "incident" he 'allegedly' got a call from his brother about some 'family emergency'.
He was gone for ten whole days. I knew that he just went away to avoid me. I mean, not that i was supposed to care...
But i did. Very much so. I missed Paul, a lot. He was one of my best friends and i trusted him.
I wanted to talk to him so badly, i wanted to tell him that it was all just a mistake and that we'd forget about it, never talk about it as if it had never happened.

George and i did get to enjoy the alone time but still, it was quiet without Paul.

Thankfully Paul had gotten back a couple of days ago. He was still avoiding me but at least he was here again. We were one step closer to fixing our mistake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jo, wake up love." I heard George say as he was gently kissing my neck.

"Hmmm, Goodmorning Geo." I smiled as i turned my face to his.

"Let's have breakfast alright?" He said "if i smell that correctly, Paul is making his infamous scrambled eggs." He snickered.

George pulled me out of bed, hugged me, got dressed and then walked downstairs.

I hesitated for a moment. I was going to be face to face with Paul again for the first time. I mean i could also just jump out of the window and walk away from all my problems right?
Ugh.
I got dressed after all and walked to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning Paul." I said meekly.

"Huh, oh erm...Goodmorning Jo." Paul said while rubbing his neck.

George was already eating and didn't notice the weird tension.

As we sat quietly at the table, eating our food, George decided to speak up.

"So uhm, John and I will be going to the shops today, i was thinking of buying a new guitar."

"And you didn't ask me to come along?" Both Paul and i asked, in a fake hurt manner.

Paul and i looked at eachother and started laughing. It all felt so familiar again.

"I was thinking that you could do some groceries for tomorrow Paul." George told him furrowing his thick eyebrows.

Paul winked at him. They obviously were up to something.

"Ofcourse, i forgot." Paul said.

GEORGE'S POV

Obviously i wasn't going to buy a new guitar. It was all part of my plan. I had found a house, not too far from here. Today i was going to buy it and John would come along too. And then tonight would be a romantic evening for me and Jo. I would give her the keys to the house as a present! God, i can't wait to see her reaction.

JO'S POV

The bell rang.

"Well, that must be John." George said.

He got up from his chair and kissed me passionately on my lips...in front of Paul.

"See you later love." He said.

"Bye Paul." And out he was.

There we sat, at the kitchen table. Just me and Paul.

"Why'd you leave?" I questioned him.

He looked up at me, the guilt in his eyes was unmistakable.

"Jo I-...i had to get away, i felt so guilty."