Chapter 17

So many times she tried to make things better, make things real, but it wasn't enough for him, for them.

Whenever she started thinking, he cares, he's changing, everytime he proved her wrong.

She gave up her self respect and still tried for their relation, but it wasn't worth it.

Now it was done for her, she needed to take stand for herself, she was done making him realize, she tried her part but he wasn't even putting any effort.

She had decided, what she has to do next.

__________________________________

Kartik's POV

Do you know the feeling of pit in your stomach? Like you're restless, but don't know the reason.

I was bothered, I was disturbed, but why?

This is what I wanted, right? I wanted to hurt her so she goes out of my life but that girl didn't leave me, she held onto me. I don't know the reason she wasn't leaving, she wasn't the day one Naira, that Naira was long lost, that rebellious, outspoken girl wasn't there anymore.

Whenever I closed my eyes, her tears stricken face appeared in front of my eyes.

How many times I've made her cry? I lost the count.

How many times I had hurt her? I didn't know.

Her smile, that reached her eyes was missing, that smile when I held her hand, that smile when I caressed her hairs. Why didn't I notice?

I hurt her everytime, I didn't even apologize but she forgave, why?

The answer, I needed the answer!

End of POV
__________________

The next day, they both didn't talk, the drive to office was silent.

Reaching office, they got busy with their work.

Kartik had a meeting, he went to some cafe to attend the meeting while Naira stayed in the office, working.

When Kartik came back, it was after off time. Everyone was gone, he looked for Naira and she wasn't there.

He came back here for her and she already left, he fisted his hands and started walking towards door. Just then his eyes fell on the figure in office, it was Naira.

She was sleeping, her head on table. Unknowingly, he smiled looking at her.

He went to her, and kneeled down, and caressed her hairs. Lamp light was falling on her face, her face features on display.

He sighed looking at her.

They were forcefully tied in the bond, a sacred bond. He didn't want her in his life, but now when he thinks of letting her go, about completing the deal, his heart clenched at the mere thought.

She had become his habit, he was used to see her face everyday, he was used to her giggles, he was used to her annoyed face.

But what he gave her in return, tears, pain? That's all.

Feeling someone's presence, Naira opened her eyes and saw Kartik. She instantly sat up.

"Let's go?" He asked and she just nodded.

The drive was silent, it was 11 by then and they still hadn't eaten anything.

Kartik stopped the car infront of some store.

"What you want to eat?" He asked her.

"I'm not hungry." She said, he sighed.

"I know you didn't have your lunch, eat something."

"You don't have to care about me." Her voice was hard.

"You're angry on me, don't take your anger on food I know what a big foodie you're."

"I said I don't want to eat."

"Fine don't then." He said loudly and started driving.

Tears filled her eyes on his loud voice, well it was nothing new to her.

Soon they reached home, they both went to their room.

Laying on bed, no sleep in eyes, they both were staring the ceiling, thinking about their life.

_________________________________

I know a short update, I'm sorry I left you guys waiting like this, I'm really busy with my school, this chapter is incomplete but still I'm posting.