Chapter 18

"Naira, have you seen the brown file?" Kartik asked Naira who was sitting in living room.

They weren't really back to their routine, but talked a little whenever it was needed.

"Brown file, yeah it was on the couch I kept it in your study." She said and turned her face to tv.

"Are you mad? Its been an hour since I'm looking over for it. The meeting has passed and now you're telling me its in my study." He yelled.

"Keep your voice down, and did you ask me about the file how would I know you're looking for that file." She yelled back.

"Don't you dare talk to me-

"Oh stop it, I've had enough of your warnings. It won't effect me anymore."

"Mujhse puche baghair meri cheezon ko hath kyun lagaya tumne?"

"File couch par thi, mujhe laga zaroori hogi maine study mein rakh di, baat khatam." She said sternly.

"Yeah, baat khatam, exactly aise hi tou baat khatam hoti hai. Ho hi kaun tum?"

"Koi nahi, Kartik. Main koi bhi nahi hun, meri koi value nahi hai tumhari life mein aur main yeh bohot achey se jaanti hun." Tears in her eyes, trying her best not to break down.

"Yeh, yeh natak mat kiya karo mere samne yeh roney dhoney ka. Kuch fark nahi pary ga inka mujh pe. Tumhe aata hi kya siwaye roney ke ya sympathy gain karne ke."

She wondered what made him hate her so much, what was her fault?

"Tumhe fark parna bhi nahi chaiye, Kartik. Mere hone ya na hone se tumhe fark nahi parna chaiye."

"Ho gaya? Drama khatam?"

"Khatam, ab hamesha ke liye."

"Thankyou very much." He taunted her and left from there.

She was right, he won't ever change. She decided exact right for herself.

_______________________________

"Bhai," She whispered when her brother picked up her phone, a tear escaped her eyes.

It was going to be the end.

_______________________________

"Kartik." She went to his study.

"Hmm." He just hummed in response.

"I..I'm going b..back to India." His head snapped at her, as if she has grown two heads.

"What rubbish,"  He was pissed.

"I've told Bhai to book the flight, its tomorrow morning."

"What the hell? Why are you going back?" This time he stood up.

"I j..just feel like-

"Naira, is everything alright? Is your dad fine? Why suddenly you're going back, something wrong?" She couldn't comprehend, what was in his voice, care or venom?

"Yes, everything is fine. I d..don't want t..to stay w..with you." With much difficulty she said those words, for sometime he looked pale.

"Naira I seriously have no time for your drama."

"Its not a drama, I'm saying it literally."

"Naira mera dimaagh kaam ki wajah se already bohot kharab hai, aur mat karo please." His voice was loud.

"Ab nahi karun gi, Kartik. Don't worry."

___________________________________

Kartik's Pov-

Leaving? I knew it was her another joke. She keep getting on my nerves.

Already I was stressed due to work, there's an upcoming meeting tomorrow. I had to prepare presentation for it and here she was with her everyday drama.

I completed my work and went to my room to sleep as I was really tired.

Next morning, I went downstairs but she wasn't there. Not bothering, I alone went to office. She still didn't show up, not that I care.

I cracked another deal, I instantly told dad and he was pleased with my work, such things like dad being proud of me happens once a while, and today sure was really a good day. I wished if Naira came office, we could've celebrated together.

But no a problem. We'll celebrate it just in sometime, I firstly went to store and got her cheese cake, and then got her favourite dominos pizza.

It was time to conceive my angry cat now. I don't feel good when she's angry or when she doesn't talk with me. I know she annoys me alot with her never ending rants. But yeah I missed it, I missed her.

I know I've been a douchebag since when I don't even remember.

I parked the car, and went into home having bags in my hands. I'm sure she gonna jump with joy seeing pizza.

As I went into living room, no sign of her. Usually she watch tv in her free time or must be eating.

I guess she's still angry.

I sighed and went to her room.

"Naira." I called on her, but she wasn't even in her room.

I went upstairs to library, still not there.

"Naira." I called on her for so many times, she didn't appear. It was all silent.

Panic ran through me, I ran all around calling her name but no sign of her.

I instantly grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

Number blocked.

No, no, this can't be true. She didn't leave this country. No!

Something clicked, I ran to her room and checked her cupboard, a few jackets were hanging, all other clothes were gone.

Damn it!

She was gone. She fucking left me.

I went to living room and sat on sofa.

Her words rang in my mind.

Ho gaya? Drama khatam?

Khatam, ab hamesha ke liye.

My head burried in my hands as her giggles echoed through the empty room.

Her smile flashed infront of my eyes, followed by her teary eyes, her sobs, her sniffs.

Her annoyed face, her scrunched brows, her chocolate stricken face appeared in my head.

But she was gone.

"Naira." A whispered escaped my lips.

_________________________________________

Um why are votes so less? I feel like you guys are losing interest in the story and it kinda bothers me. It seriously takes alot of time to write down, I have to recheck it for so many times, I've to put the right amount of emotions in words and getting so less response has started bothering me.