Oya?

"So, find a partner to room with."

"Yes, captain!"

It was the day before the Spring Interhigh, or the nationals, and everyone on the team was jittery and nervous, especially the not-so-new third years. With the pressure of being the eldest members of Karasuno passed down to them, they had to lead their underclassmen to the max, and Noya was excited, partly because he loved being their senpai and partly because a generous, unknown donor had donated just enough money for them to stay in a luxurious hotel for a few days. Instead of the usual big room laid with futons that all the members shared, they booked six separate rooms that all had twin beds. Who wouldn't want their own rooms with only one roommate instead of sharing it with your whole team?! Noya could do anything.

As Noya continued on daydreaming about how nice the rooms would be, he missed another announcement from Ennoshita, but he didn't mind. It probably wasn't that important. Then he turned towards Tanaka.

"Ryuu, let's pair up!" he yelled, earning a glare from Ennoshita.

"Yeah bro!" Tanaka replied just as enthusiastically. Right as they were about to do a chest bump, Ennoshita pinched Tanaka's ear, pulling him back. "OW!"

"Haha nope, you're staying with me, vice captain. It's more convenient if someone needs something," was what he said, but everyone knew the truth: they'd be way too loud, and Ennoshita would've been the one to deal with it.

"Aww Chikara, you're no fun. Now I have to go find someone else," Noya pouted jokingly before setting out to find whoever was available when Ennoshita simply rolled his eyes and gestured for him to find someone else.

From the looks of it, most of the team had already paired up. Narita and Kinoshita, being 'best friends' and not problem children, obviously chose to stay with each other, chatting happily with one another. To the left, the two first years, Nakano and Konno, were linking their arms together, signifying that they were pairing up, which wasn't surprising. The two had hit it off instantly ever since they first joined the team.

And of course, the freak duo were partnered up together.

"Kageyama! Toss to me!" Hinata shouted, holding a volleyball over his head.

"We can do that once we get in the rooms, dumbass!" Kageyama retorted.

"But I want to spike already!"

Kageyama proceeded to grip the other boy's head with both hands and shake it, causing the latter to whine. At the scene, Noya let out an indignant huff. How come he and Ryuu weren't allowed to stay together, but Kageyama and Hinata could?!

Suddenly Kageyama leaned down and whispered something into Hinata's ear, a blush blooming on both of the latter's cheeks as he nodded.

Of course...

"They're lovebirds," Noya sighed, shaking his head before he scanned the room once more. Crossing out every one who had partnered together, that left Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and a timid first year named Furukawa, and Noya was a ninety-nine point nine percent sure that he was going to have to stay with the first year.

Time to show him some of his senpai's skills, Noya thought, but before he could approach the Furukawa, the first year whirled his head to face Yamaguchi.

"Yamaguchi-san, can you pair up with me?" he asked shyly.

Holy shit, Tsukishima's definitely gonna tell him off, Noya thought, glancing at said guy's face.

Surprisingly, the expression plastered on his face told Noya that he had expected this, and once Noya looked back at the first year, he understood.