Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We arrived hand in hand to a conservatory. My mouth was agape. Bright artificial sunlight cascaded over a pristine garden. In the middle, was a small pond with bright pink and ivory lotus blossoms scattered over it. Koi fish swam freely between the splashes of color.

"This is absolutely gorgeous Ronin," I exclaim excitedly. I ran to the stone bridge that stood over the pond. Taking the entire sight in, I notice the cherry blossoms and pagodas. Japanese influence, from his mother's half I guess. I grin and wave to Ronin, he was seated on a stone bench watching me.

"This is amazing," I shout.

He gets up and beckons me to join him. I run to his side, as he approaches a wall with a small green light. He waves his hand over the light and the wall slides away. I peer inside and once again I'm awe struck. A sitting area surrounded by shelves of literature all labeled with different genres. Some I could tell were very old from their worn bindings.

"You said you had read a lot, it seems we both share that pastime," Ronin smirks and continues, "some are written in the council's intergalactic language others are from languages long dead and forgotten."

I go to each shelf scanning the titles.

"This is amazing, I've only read from my tablet, an original tome, is unheard of."

I ran my hand over a book spine, the title was Dead Sea Scrolls that might be interesting, so I pulled it from its spot.

"You can read Sumerian," Ronin questions.

I glance at Ronin as I thumb through the pages.

"I can understand many languages, I'm not that much of a simpleton," I tease.

Ronin had an eyebrow raised studying me.

"I hate to damper the mood but I'm going to need a DNA sample to configure your profile into the rebirther."

I nod. I knew what was needed, this wasn't my first time having the procedure done. Ronin disappears and reappears quickly holding a swab and tube. He hands me the swab and I twirl it around the inside of my mouth to collect my DNA then hand it back. He puts it into the tube and disappears again. This time he didn't flash back so I sat down and immersed myself into the book. A while later I was jarred awake so the book tumbled to the floor losing my place in the pages. I yawned and glared at Ronin who was kneeling before me looking anxious.

"What is it, is something wrong," I mumble. I rub my eyes to awaken more, waiting for Ronin to speak.

"You need to come with me to the lab," he rushes.

"Okay?"

He lifts me up bridal style, I lay my head against his chest, close my eyes and we disappear.

He sets me down and goes to sit down near a monitor. He looks at me then back at the screen.

"How do you know Sumerian Shadow?"

I close my eyes while I think.

"It was after a rebirth, I found out I could read ancient languages like Sumerian and Akkadian.

"Was it an Anunnaki rebirther?"

"Yeah I believe that's correct," I smile.

Ronin chuckles.

"This gets better and better, you realize that you have Goddess DNA Shadow, and with that and mine mixed, you could be more powerful than I."

I look like a fish out of water, my eyes bulging and mouth opening and closing. "I'm not getting any earthly human DNA from your sequences, which is odd, it's almost as if you were created from a human genome and added too."

Ronin keeps typing with one hand while the other is tapping on the desk. I sink down in a chair completely shocked.

"But I remember earth, I remember living there and joining the space force when the first aliens came."

Ronin nodded, "it could be implanted false memories."

Well it really didn't matter did it? I might be an alien child science project. What in the world am I? I'm Ronin's mate, that's what mattered, that was what fate wanted.

"Did you get my profile finished for your rebirther," I ask with a raised brow.

"Oh yes, that I did," he typed a few things, "looks like it will take two whole days to complete."

Ronin looks back at me smiling.

"Maybe I should get it over and done with now," I suggest.

Ronin looks shocked. "You're ready right now, this exact moment?"

I laugh, he seems so excited.

"Calm down prince charming, we agreed to this, I like you and you seem to like me, so," I raise my arms to my sides.

"Let's do this."

Ronin jumped up shakily, and grabbed me gently by my upper shoulders.

"I've waited for this moment for so long," he sniffled and wiped away a small tear that fell from his eye. I wrapped my arms around his middle and hugged him. Placing my head on his chest I heard him whisper, "I know this is sudden but I love you Shadow."

My insides gushed and my soul fluttered, it felt right for me to say it back so I did, "Love you too Ronin." He gazed down at me and smiled, his eyes the colors of the milky way.

"I need to change into a rebirther gown," I giggle.

Ronin nods and disappears. He returns with a large rebirther top.

"I don't have a woman one," he calmly states. I take it and hold it up against my frame, it should fit like the nightshirt he loaned me.

"This will work, where do I change?" Ronin actually blushes, it's the cutest thing in the world.

"Turn around," I motion with my fingers. He does and I strip, slipping into the large shirt. It lands mid thigh and looks like an ugly dress.

"Ok I'm decent." Ronin turns and his eyes heat as he looks at my bare flesh. I shake my head and snap my fingers.

"Up here perv," I groan.

Ronin flashes me with a suggestive smirk and heads to his pod. Entering a series of buttons the lid lifts making a hissing sound.

"I need to lift you into it," he mumbles softly. EEK I didn't think that far in advance and I'm not wearing underwear shit

I look mortified at him yet still nod.

I'm cringing in embarrassment internally

Ronin, sensing my discomfort, carefully lifts me, keeping my dignity in check. "Thank you," I sigh. I lay my head back and get comfortable. I watch as Ronin connects tubing and clicks switches.

"You ready?"

I nod and he injects me with the sleeping agent. He bends over and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"See you soon, my love." The lid closes and I drift off to sleep.