Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ronin is staring outside the window with his arms crossed and smirk on his face.

I hurry to stand next to him and glance out to see what he's looking at. I gasp, there are warships as far as the eye can see. "Isn't that your fleet Ronin?" He snorts and shakes his head.

"It is but they follow the SBC above anyone else." He grabs my hand and shifts us to the control room.

"I need to get Jory," he sighs, "I'll be back shortly."

Ronin shifts inside Jory's spacecraft.

"Jory I'm going to need your help," Ronin's voice echoes through the metal craft.

Jory exits one of the rooms and frowns.

"This is my private area king," he growls. Ronin raises his hand to stop his speech. "I respect your privacy Jory but we are all going to get blown away if you don't help me with your father, the entire fleet is surrounding us and I can't shift us off of it, they have blocked the access,"

Ronin sighs and continues, "We can discuss our issues after this ok, promise." Jory listens and chuckles, "You're a strange king Ronin, should I wear a meat suit or not."

Ronin thought a moment then shook his head.

"Fine, lead the way," Jory grunts and places his clawed hand on Ronin's arm.

Ronin and Jory appear in the control room. The alarms and beeps persisted giving me a headache. Ronin shuffles us to the side and clicks the switch to the video messaging screen. Neegan's nine foot large frame filled the screen.

"Halo King Ronin, I'm here on behalf of the SBC, you are to come with me peacefully or your ship will be fired upon," he growls deeply.

"How'd you find me," Ronin growls. "Tracking devices," Neegan smirks. "We knew where you were at all times."

Ronin nods and smiles.

"You can't fire on my ship, there are innocent people aboard."

Neegan raises a leathery brow as Ronin waves us before the video. Jory and I stand in front of Neegan as his eyes travel from his son who was waving and then stop and brighten on me.

"Well I'll be damned, permission to board my king," Neegan gasps.

"Permission granted," Ronin replies and clicks off the video.

"Hope you know he's going to lick your mate," Jory chuckles elbowing Ronin.

I laugh at the look on Ronin's face.

"Why," Ronin sneers.

Jory laughs again. "So he can be sure of who she is," Jory smirks.

"You didn't have to," Ronin says while lifting a finger at him.

"That's because I was raised by her, I knew her scent, my dad was only around for sex. He'll need to taste her," Jory bursts into a bout of laughter. I cover my red face. "Stop it Jory, you're going to give him a heart attack," I mumble.

Ronin looks between us and throws up his arms.

"Is he going to lick her?"

We both look at him and nod. He rolls his eyes and plops down in the chair looking angry as he crosses his arms.

"He does have his true mate and egg on the way Ronin," Jory adds," So he won't try to steal Shady from you."

I snort at Jory and walk over to Ronin. "Sucks doesn't it," I wink as I tell him the same thing he did to me. He looks up and smirks,"touche."

Ronin stands and takes my hand in his and grabs Jory by the arm.

"Let's go to the meeting," he groans as we shift to the docking area.

We stood around waiting.

"What is taking so long," Ronin growls. "Maybe he's changing into his meat suit," Jory smirks. Ronin glared at him, his eyes black.

"Ronin you need to calm down or none of this will work out for us, we need Neegan's support," I whisper softly.

Ronin looks into my eyes and I smile.

"I love you, stop being a dick," I grin showing my fangs.

The alarm sounds for an approaching craft. We move behind the vacuum breaker wall and watch as the shuttle comes in to land. My heart was pounding, not because it was heart sick for Neegan, but because so much could go wrong. Ronin grabs my hand and squeezes it, I do it back.

"Love you," he whispers in my hair.

"You too," I whisper back.

The three of us approach the craft as a united front.

Neegan's large frame squeezes out of the shuttle. He stands tall and large, his eyes travel to Jory. He grins and approaches him with arms spread. He embraces him in a large bear hug.

"My boy, it has been awhile," he growls. Jory looks overjoyed. Neegan then turns towards me, tilting his head as he inspects me. He gets closer and leans towards my ear.

"Halo Black Shadow, I know you're mated to the king, I can smell his mark, but I'm going to taste you anyway," he winks.

My mouth drops as he lifts me and nuzzles my neck and then licks me from collarbone to chin. I laughed because it tickled. The low growls coming from behind me sobered me quickly. I turn and Ronin is in a fury of turbulent black tendrils. I shake my head and shift to him. I place my hands on his face and kiss him. He slowly calms. His arms snake around me and he sighs.

"He knows that we're mates," I whisper, "He is like Jory, he will like pushing your buttons."

Ronin smirks and kisses me again. Both Neegan and Jory start clearing their throats and Ronin and I step apart.