Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I know I was supposed to wait for the SBC representative but in Shadow's words fuck that, this is me and my mates business, not anyone else's. I continue to check on Shadow to see that she's progressing nicely. Her once white hair is now tipped in black. I'm curious to see what her eyes will look like. I take a book and sit in a chair next to the rebirther. It's hard to concentrate on what I'm reading due to my eyes wandering constantly to Shadow. She appears to have grown a few inches taller, the shirt barely covering her lady bits. There's also black ink like marking on her wrists. The darkness of my father is trying to work it's way around her light. Knowing she's part Anunnaki I'm not worried about it like I would have been. I run my tongue along my fangs, I'm anticipating the bite. I chuckle to myself I am a perv

To help clear my mind, I decided I wanted to learn more of Shadow's Anunnaki origins. I continued my search and discovered a breakthrough. The name Inanna fits the sequence. I did a quick search and read the information. Godess of sex fantastic, beauty nice and warfare fuck me. It included the chronicle of her descent into the underworld. I rub my face with my hand and groan.

What in the hell did fate do? I just handed the Goddess of warfare, my father the destroyer. Well anyone stupid enough to go up against that is just asking for an ass beating, glad she'll become my queen

I yawn and walk to the pod. I just stand there looking at my mate. Her eyes are tense which means information transfer. She will receive knowledge and probably gifts. I won't know until she wakes. I recheck the calendar on my lab wall, looking for the next solstice date and cringe, I was off on my calculation. After tomorrow I've got only five days to make my mark, literally. Sighing I whisper goodnight and shift to my room for sleep.

Burgess

"Jory, hey we've a problem, the solstice is happening in 5 days, you need to warp there asap. I know, I fucked up, I'll pay double for the inconvenience. Burgess shut off the communicator and sat back. Everything was going as planned.

New Shadow

Ronin pov

I wake up giddy. I didn't sleep well and the darkness under my eyes showed it. I shower and dress quickly before shifting to my lab. Shadow's progress had accelerated during the night. The two days finishing had been an educated guess on my part. I watched as the number reached 98% I breathed in deeply watching it change to 99%. When the lid slowly opened and the hiss started I was light headed with anticipation.

Eyes swirling with all hues of purple locked on to mine. I was lost. I smiled and Shadow did as well, her tiny fangs exposed only slightly. I felt my heart would burst. She jumped up from the pod and landed in my arms, I tucked mine under her exposed bottom to hold her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and started kissing me. I've died and gone to heaven, I sigh mentally

Her mouth fought dominance with mine and her fangs nicked my lip. I tasted iron and knew I was cut. I sighed and reluctantly set her down to her feet. Eyeing her carefully. She looked dejected, so I lifted her chin and looked into her eyes as I spoke.

"Shadow I love kissing you but it's not the time nor place for that now." I have to remember she has the Godess of sex flowing in her veins. I hit the jackpot with that one. I'm such a perv, mentally I slap myself

Shadow looked stunning, her hair was much longer, the black tips hitting her lower back. Her eyes swirled like mine and her height now about five inches shorter than I. I glanced lower and turned red.

"Your um, your exposed Shadow," I choke out covering my eyes with my hands. She looks down and giggles seductively, she turns and pulls off the rebirther shirt exposing her black markings and cute little ass. I'm groaning internally. I remove my long jacket and hand it to her.

"We should mark each other Ronin," she purrs while licking a dainty fang. Damn this woman, doesn't she realize my restraint is only so strong. My soul is begging me to forcefully claim her this instant.

"I don't think it's wise to do that right now. You're still running on the rebirth high," I sigh reluctantly.

Shadow makes a pouty face while buttoning the jacket I handed her.

Several hours later

I exit the shower in my room with a towel wrapped around myself, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is a lot longer. I lift a strand and notice the black ends. I move the rest from my ears and see a slight point. Okay I have slightly pointed ears and fangs, like Ronin. I glance at my wrists and see black markings twisting like vines around them. I turn with my back facing the mirror, taking my hair to the side, I look at my back. The black markings are there as well, similar to Ronin's, but yet not quite the same. I smirk at my new back tattoo and get dressed in the t-shirt Ronin had given me and a pair of shorts. The rebirther high I had, finally wafted away, causing me to experience bouts of embarrassment.

I literally wanted Ronin to claim me right then and there, in the lab, I jumped him and kissed him, I mentally frowned at my awkward behavior. I don't normally act like that with a rebirth high, how cringy.

Sighing, I braid my hair and head to the kitchen, frowning, my earlier behavior still souring my mood.

I sit across from Ronin in the kitchen eating dinner. My face kept turning every shade of red imaginable.

"I can't believe I acted that way, so wanton," I mumble.

Ronin looks at me and smiles sympathetically. I noticed the red mark on his lip.

"Did I do that?"

Ronin grinned, "Yes you did sweetheart."

"How's it healed already?"

"You and I have special saliva that heals open wounds. "

"Wow, that's kinda neat," I smirk.

"By the way, these things are a pain in the ass, how can you even eat with these in your mouth," I groan as I poke at my fang. Noticing a spot of blood on my pricked finger I licked it off and it instantly healed. "That's a pretty cool trick."

I continue to examine my finger. Ronin is watching me trying hard to hold in his laughter. I eye him with a scowl.

"With proper training you work around them, including kissing," he winks.

Sudden anger fills my veins.

"I guess you practiced a lot of kissing then, eh king," I growled, surprising myself. I cover my gaping mouth.

"Where in the hell did that come from," I cringe, mortified. Ronin just bursts out into deep chuckles.

"Your jealousy is amazing Shadow, spoken like a true mate." He smiles and pats my hand. I scowl more and am ready to pounce. In a split second I'm over the barrier between us, ripping his shirt and burying my fangs above his heart. Ronin is slack jawed and his eyes are glowing in intense pleasure.

"They lied, it doesn't hurt at all," Ronin gasps breathlessly. I seal the bite, then pull down my t-shirt to expose the flesh over my heart.

"Do it Ronin," I beg.

Ronin grins and bites down. Instant heat pooled in my lower regions.

"Oh my God," I moan, sure that I just orgasmed on his lap. Ronin licks it closed, kisses me and shifts us quickly to his bedroom. Fucking bliss