Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A loud beeping noise strummed in my skull. I squint my eyes, testing the light before opening them fully. My head and body ached, Ronin did not make a good mattress. Ronin was waking up too I noticed as he wiggled under me.

"What's that annoying sound," groaned Jory as photos fell from his face.

"It's the SBC," Ronin moaned while rubbing his face.

"Hurry and get it, my skulls going to explode," Jory mumbles. Ronin moves slowly to the wall monitor and clicks it and a strange voice fills the air.

"Ronin the SBC knows that you did something to Burgess, I hope you found your mate and your fade has ended, but I must warn you that the council is demanding your presence to discuss Burgess, they think you murdered him," the voice rushed.

Ronin rolls his eyes, "I did Tarrick."

"Why Ronin, they will surely kill you for it," Tarrick gasped.

"Let me worry about that, it will be fine, how is everything going."

"Running smoothly sire," he sighs.

"Good, I will contact you later and explain things, ok, I'm going to need your help though, also we never spoke."

"Very well, good day, sire," Tarrick piped.

Ronin switched it off and headed to the kitchen. I got up and followed him.

"Who is Tarrick," I asked softly since my voice hurt my head.

"Tarrick is my personal Yōkai, another gift left by my mother."

I shake my head, "What is a Yōkai."

Ronin chuckles as he prepares coffee

"He is my little mischief making shapeshifter and I believe he will come in handy for discovering who wants me dead. Which reminds me, we need to leave this area, the SBC knows I'm here."

I frown, it's too much information to comprehend with my head like it was. Ronin looks at me and grins. He snaps his fingers and four green pills appear.

"Take two and give the others to Jory along with this."

He slides a hot cup of coffee across the counter. I mouth thank you and take the items to the lounge. I pop my pills and take a sip of Jory's coffee.

I snort as I see Jory using his meat suit as a pillow, the male appendage of it laying across his forehead.

"Hey sleeping beauty, I have something special for you," I snap while kicking his leg. Jory groans loudly and burrows his head further into his meat suit causing the male appendage to flop too and fro.

I busted out in laughter, hurting my head and rousing Jory. He leans up on his elbow eyeing me angrily.

"What the fuck Shady, have some sympathy," he growls.

I show the coffee and my open palm with the pills to him. His face lights up and he grins.

"You're a blessing mom." He takes my offering and grinning takes the pills and a gulp of coffee. I head back to the kitchen for my own cup.