Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jory and Shadow sat waiting for the two men to return. Shadow was pacing the floor. Emotions flowing freely from her form like little puffy dark clouds, her skin prickling.

"What the fuck is going on with you Shady," Jory grunts. He was watching her walk back and forth.

"I can't shake this feeling, that something bad is going to happen," sighs Shadow. She cast a glance at Jory unshed tears in her eyes. Jory stands and shakes his head, he walks to Shadow and wraps his large arms around her.

"Everything is going to be fine," he mumbles softly into her hair while rubbing her back. Ronin and Neegan appear suddenly and Jory glances their way.

"Your mate's having a moment," Jory grunts toward Ronin.

Ronin approaches the pair and takes Jory's position.

"Everything is okay, my love," Ronin whispers and places a kiss to her forehead. She wraps her arms around him and squeezes tightly. Ronin's warmth taking the doom from her.

"We are all going to the SBC," grunts Neegan.

"We need to prepare ourselves and also dress accordingly," Ronin growls eyeing Jory.

Jory smirks," No meat suit I assume."

Neegan chuckles and grabs his son's arm.

"I'll help you prepare so you don't embarrass his highness or me, let's meet back here when we're done."

Ronin nods and shifts him and Shadow to his room.

He steps away and eyes his mate, his finger tapping his chin in thought.

He then smiles and snaps his fingers. Shadow looks down at herself shocked. She twirled herself around and giggled. Gone were the t-shirt and jeggings. In their place a beautiful white opalescent satin gown with small black opals sprinkled on the bodice. She lifted her hand to her head and could feel that it had been put up fashionably, including a small crown.

"I wish I could see myself," she groaned.

Ronin chuckles, snaps his fingers and a full length mirror appears. Shadow gasped at her appearance. She looked fantastic. The dress with its subtle color change enhanced her eyes swirling color.

"I look like a princess," she grinned.

"More like a queen love," Ronin smirks.

Ronin snapped his fingers again and he was dressed in a regal black and white suit. Shadow glances at him and almost drools. He looked amazing. His crown glimmering on his dark head.

"Damn Ronin, you clean up real nice," she cooed, whistling a cat call. He stood next to her in front of the mirror. They both looked at themselves smiling, a visible shimmer surrounded them both. They were a powerful couple, each complimenting the other perfectly.

"Are you ready for this my love," Ronin smirks.

Shadow nods and they shift back to the lounge area.