Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jory and Neegan were already there, dressed in reptilian imperial leathers, they both looked dashing. When they saw us their eyes bulged and they quickly bowed.

"What the fuck," Ronin smirks confused.

They both rise looking puzzled. "We were compelled to bow," Neegan growls rubbing his neck. Ronin raises a brow eyeing him oddly.

"You both look amazing," Jory chuckles.

"Let's join hands so I can shift us all, be prepared, I don't know what to expect," Ronin warns. Hand in hand the four of us appear in the SBC parthenon. The white marble blinding me momentarily. Huge white fluted columns lined the hall. I glance around at the stunned looks of the people around us. Ronin grins as they all begin to bow.

"This is new," he smirks, confused as the people straighten and go about their business.

"That was weird Ronin," Jory grunts. Ronin nods in agreement and pulls me close to his side. We continue our way down a long white marble hall. A pair of men approached. Ronin stiffens next to me. "What is it," I mumble, elbowing his side.

"It's one of the men that wants me dead." The two bow in front of us. As they rise Ronin spies a shine in his peripheral vision. A dagger is suddenly thrust into my midsection. I gasp in pain as my eyes land on Ronin's. My body is slowly crumbling to the floor. My last vision is the blackness and pain consuming my mates eyes.

I open my eyes and am surrounded by darkness, there's a figure hovering near me, by my side. I turn my head and a large man, long black locks complete with fangs is looking at me smiling with bright yellow eyes. He looks somewhat like my mate. I start to sob thinking about Ronin. The man grins and places his hand over my wound causing a bright light to appear. "It's nice to finally meet my son's mate," the man growls, black wings flapping behind him. My eyes grow wide at the sight. "Your Abbodan, Ronin's father and you have wings," I gulp in shock. He glances back towards his wings and chuckles. " I guess Ronin hasn't shown you his yet," he smirks, looking exactly like his son, fang and all.

"You are an immortal daughter, you will never grace the river Styx, so dry your eyes. You are Ronin's light as he is yours and you both will be your child's," he grins patting my stomach. My eyebrow raises, "I'm pregnant." Abbodan grins and nods. "Would you let my son know that I wish he would visit more often, with you included," he winks. He shifts his head towards the side like he's listening to something then nods and looks at me.

"You need to go back and stop my son before he destroys anything," he sighs and presses his finger to my forehead. I awaken to me staring in Ronin's black eyes. I take a deep breath and look down at my stomach. There's no sign of me getting stabbed. Ronin looks confused.

"You look like your dad," I grin before passing out from shock. Ronin scowls and lifts me into his arms. Jory held Colin in his strong arms. "Please take the evidence and that piece of crap to the council," Ronin growls. "If you see Tarrick send him to my suite but explain what all happened first, so he's aware." He then disappears and reappears in his SBC suite. Ronin walks over to the large bed and lays Shadow down. He pulls back the covers and snapping his fingers removes the dress. Scanning her body he notices a small flower shaped scar on her abdomen. He snaps his fingers and dresses her in a nightgown and covers her form with the blankets. He places a kiss on her forehead and shifts to search for his father.