十九點五

yue was sitting at a table, trying her best not to appear nervous, but failing as her knee was rapidly bobbing. seokjin would be there any second now. 

the tall male finally walked in and talked to the people at the table at the front. they told her she was there and the girl gave him a small wave from where she sat. seokjin was glad she did because he honestly didn't know her face. he waved back and approached her. her heart raced with every step he took closer.

"hi, i'm kim seokjin. we have a couple of classes together right?" he asked, reaching out a hand. now that he got a better look at yue, he recognized her from halls and classrooms.

"yes," she said as she shyly shook his hand which warmly enveloped hers. "my name is seo yue." 

"it's crazy we've never really talked," seokjin said as he put down his bag. with three classes together, one would think that they would've encountered each other at some point.

"it is," yue responded. she was getting anxious. she needed to focus on tutoring. "in the email, you told me you were struggling on the current unit? logic statements, right?"

seokjin hesitantly nodded. it was a 100 level class and he hated to admit he was struggling. the boy handed her his notes. there were little doodles across the sides and he mentally cursed at himself for not erasing them beforehand. "sorry about that. they're kind of messy" he said rubbing the back of his neck. his handwriting wasn't very clear and he zoned out a lot during class so some of the sentences ended very abruptly.

yue smiled at him. she found the sketches adorable. "it's fine. everyone takes notes differently." seokjin was relieved. yue seemed like someone who wouldn't judge him. the girl pulled out hers to show him the information he had missed. her notes were precise and organized eloquently. she had highlighted the important parts of the unit for him.

"wow, these are amazing," he commented. yue blushed from the praise and seokjin found it kind of endearing. she nervously thanked him and he had to hold back a laugh.

"these are the parts that i would focus on," the girl told him. she pointed out different areas on the papers that seokjin quickly copied down. "the professor mentioned that these types of problems would be on the next test."

"ah, okay. thank you," he said, looking up from scribbling down the information. yue bit her bottom lip to suppress a grin. for the first time, he was paying attention to her and only her. even though it was just for help in a class, it still made the girl incredibly happy.

they did a few practice problems and yue helped the male understand the vocabulary and symbols better. the tutoring session went smoothly and seokjin was feeling a lot more confident about the class.

"you're a really good tutor," he complimented. yue played with the hem of her shirt to stop herself from getting too flustered. "like, i didn't really get it at all before, but now i kind of do."

"i'm glad," she told him. she swallowed. she needed to be brave. "i can help you whenever you need it." seokjin thanked her, very grateful for the offer. he was content knowing that there was someone he could go to.

"i will definitely take you up on that," he said with a grin. "oh, can i get your number? it's definitely more efficient than email," he laughed. yue agreed with an enthusiastic nod—she was so excited the words couldn't even escape her lips—and gave him her number. "awesome, i just texted you." the notification lit up the girl's scream and yue could feel her heart close to bursting

"i got it," she said with a smile.

"okay, then i'll see you later," he told her, slinging his backpack onto his broad shoulders. he quickly left, and it disappointed yue, but she understood that the acting major had plenty of other obligations

"see you later," she whispered to herself. next time she would try harder.

-

a/n: they've finally met :D 

things are ab to start picking up