二十五點五

yue always walked by herself, with her head down and earbuds in. seokjin realized that this was why he never noticed the girl before. in class she never spoke, even though she was usually knew the answers, and she always sat alone, whether it was in class or in the dining halls. his friends had never heard of her and the boy found this to be a mystery. how had he gone so long without knowing who she was?

seokjin sped up his walking pace to catch up to the girl who was also on her way to their communications class. "hey," he greeted. yue glanced up and practically jumped in shock. the male had been making it a habit to say hi to her, yet each time she seemed just as surprised.

"hi," the girl replied, turning back to the ground. she didn't want him to see how flustered he made her.

"did you do the work for class?" seokjin asked, trying to make small talk. she nodded. "oh, cool. so did i."

"that's good," yue told him.

"oh, by the way, are you free this weekend?" he questioned. the girl's heart almost stopped. "i was wondering if you could help me with math again."

"of course," she responded, finally looking back up at him. "i'm free all weekend." she regretted saying that. was she being too eager?

"great, i'll text you," seokjin smiled. it was so intoxicating that yue couldn't help but smile back. they reached the classroom and she wished that the walk had been longer. the moment was over and she went to her regular seat that was across the classroom from him. she hoped he would really text her.

the girl laid her head on her desk and looked at him from afar. her heart ached. "i love you, seokjin," yue whispered soft enough so no one would hear.

it remained her secret.